When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Expert advice on AP ROO 'fix' needed!

anics

Hey guys

Am looking for an opinion / some advice on this...

First a little story.

Once upon a time........

As some of you may remember I posted last year regarding an AP ROO secs at 12 that I had recently purchased that, well, basically died on me.

I got the watch from fasiontime88 via Trade Tang (this was before I discovered RWG and the trusted dealers), ordered it with a box (never came, ever!)....

The watch worked fine for a day and then died. I emailed the seller... nothing.... for months

Eventually I tracked down a really nice watchmaker in the UK (via a suggestion on RWG) it was the death of the AP ROO that led me to the forum (silver lining)

Only AFTER I had sent the watch to the UK did the seller eventually ask me to send it back (too little too late).

Then began a very slow and long process of discovery which led the watchmaker to conclude that the motor was knackered beyond repair. Balls!

So my $580 super rep was a paper weight.

Fortunately I was able to pick up another damaged ROO from Richard Lawton for about $250 (thanks btw) and shipped it off to the UK for my friendly watchmaker to get to work on.

A few months later he sent me a working AP ROO!

I activated the chronograph and.... the large second hand hand fell off :(

Okay....

Sent it back to a rather puzzled watchmaker and waited....

Yesterday I received my watch. What a relief.

It

Sounds like a nightmare. Sorry to hear this. I would suggest contacting a dealer from here to see if they can source some hands for you. The hands should not be glued. If you are able to get hands, send the watch to Zigmeister or Vac to get them installed.

Sounds like a nightmare. Sorry to hear this. I would suggest contacting a dealer from here to see if they can source some hands for you. The hands should not be glued. If you are able to get hands, send the watch to Zigmeister or Vac to get them installed.

+1 solid advice