When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Second Hands Advise

LandM42006

I went to swap out the dial on one of my Pams, and find that the new dial I want to install is a bit thicker than the old. Now my seconds hand will not touch the pin that turns it.

Other than re-installing the old dial (which I did), what other options do I have?

Thanks, Marty

I went to swap out the dial on one of my Pams, and find that the new dial I want to install is a bit thicker than the old. Now my seconds hand will not touch the pin that turns it.

Other than re-installing the old dial (which I did), what other options do I have?

Thanks, Marty

The only thing that I can think of, is fairly drastic. If you have a drill-press and very small diameter drill bit (just big enough for second hand [censored] to clear) ... but I wouldn't try it myself :shock:

The hand rotates fine in the hole provided by the dial. Either I need a seconds hand with a longer "tube" to accomodate the thicker dial, or a longer seconds hand driver / shaft / pin (sorry, dont know the proper name for that seconds hand pin) that would stick up approximately 1mm higher than what it is doing now.

This watch would look like the bastard of all, but I like the look of it.

So again, anyone with ideas, please chime in!!!!!!!

Edited by LandM42006

The hand rotates fine in the hole provided by the dial. Either I need a seconds hand with a longer "tube" to accomodate the thicker dial, or a longer seconds hand driver / shaft / pin (sorry, dont know the proper name for that seconds hand pin) that would stick up approximately 1mm higher than what it is doing now.

This watch would look like the bastard of all, but I like the look of it.

So again, anyone with ideas, please chime in!!!!!!!

I read a post on RepGeek that uses hypodermic needles to extend the seconds cannon, I will be trying something similar myself on my vintage project

Edit... here: http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=64762

Edited by billy_bunter

I read a post on RepGeek that uses hypodermic needles to extend the seconds cannon, I will be trying something similar myself on my vintage project

Edit... here: http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=64762

Well, RG is being difficult again, but hopefully I can open that thread up sooner or later.

In the meantime, that is an awesome idea. Now, where do I get a needle? I live in a small town in the US, and I doubt I can by a syringe w/out perscription. And on the other side, there arent any needle users in my "circle of friends" where I could get a "hand me down". LOL

Well, RG is being difficult again, but hopefully I can open that thread up sooner or later.

In the meantime, that is an awesome idea. Now, where do I get a needle? I live in a small town in the US, and I doubt I can by a syringe w/out perscription. And on the other side, there arent any needle users in my "circle of friends" where I could get a "hand me down". LOL

Heh! Luckily enough I know a diabetic and my wife works in healthcare so I should be able to get hold of something useful in the near future. Perhaps somewhere online: http://www.researchsupply.net/syringesNeedles.html