When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Aquatimer Chrono Boesch Edition

Chronus

There aren't many posts on this watch but it's a 300 limited edition series.

From the website:

Limited & Numbered Edition of 300 pieces world-wide.

A tribute to the famed Boesch boatyard located on Lake Zurich. Famous for its signature reddish-brown high polished mahogany wood boats. This watch was built to match the boat with similarly colored dial & rubber strap.

This watch features:

Reddish-Brown dial with white sub-dials, signed "Boesch".

Luminous silver rimmed hands & applied hour markers.

Day & Date windows at the 3 o'clock position.

Stop watch functions with red hand indicators.

A unique uni-directional turning bezel located beneath the crystal. The bezel is operated by the lower crown located at the 4 o'clock position (this crown also doubles as the Chronograph Reset button).

Case back has a circular piece of mahogany wood inlaid with stainless steel is a picture of the a screw-propeller beneath a sapphire crystal.

The watch comes in a special IWC box with an inner display of linear paneled high polished mahogany wood, similar to the deck of the Boesch boats. Engraved on the case back is "Limited Edition Boesch, xxx/300, International Watch Co."

IWC caliber 79320, beats at 28,800 vph, contains 28 jewels & has an approximate Power Reserve of 44 hours.

This watch is also known as IW378204, 378204, 3782-04 Brand IWC

Series Aquatimer Automatic Chronograph

Model No. IW3782-04 Edition Boesch

Size Mens

Retail Price

Yes it is... This is actually news about 1 1/2 years ago. It's together slightly later than SIHH2008.

Thanks for that, I hadn't seen it before and only found it when looking up movement calibres of IWC.

Still a nice watch, I'm surprised there's no good reps of this one, it looks like a variation of the Cousteau 2006.

Edited by Chronus

The brown is darker than genuine St Antoine Exupery edition. Very nice watch if you ask me and a rare Aquatimer. Too bad it's only available at selected retailers and those contact selling Boesch boat actually can order the watch for you. It's still available to date at full retail price (no discount on this one).

If you rep this, I will buy instantly.

Edited by takashi

The brown is darker than genuine St Antoine Exupery edition. Very nice watch if you ask me and a rare Aquatimer. Too bad it's only available at selected retailers and those contact selling Boesch boat actually can order the watch for you. It's still available to date at full retail price (no discount on this one).

If you rep this, I will buy instantly.

It's a beautiful watch, and rare enough (not just the dial colour) that most will never have even seen it, but it's just so lovely :wub:

I agree... If given the choice, Galapagos new Aquatimer or this one, I will still pick this one.

:tu:

Personally I prefer the internal bezel, that differentiates it from most brands. It makes it harder to mistakenly knock the bezel into another location when diving (yeah, like it matters to most people on here ;) ).

I'm not sure which brand it was that allows you to use the chrono pushers underwater. It may have been the Omega Seamaster Chrono, or this one, but I'm not 100% sure right now.

Edited by Chronus