When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daydate hours problem.

r@f

HI there, i have just received a used daydate,

and i was trying to fix the hour, but when i reached the 11:40 the crown stuck... :o

The seconds are running but the hour has stopped

Please help!! did i break anything ?... :bangin:

Hi Raffo

if you had requested the return of the watch before you had broken the dial that would have been fine, at that time it would have been an easy fix as it looked like the movement might have been dislodged in transit, which i would have had fixed no problem as it would have been a D.O.A. issue which i cover. But by forcing the hands and breaking off the rolex crown on the dial i dont know what i can do as you may have caused more internal "unknown" damage to the movement by forcing the hands.

Im sorry about this but you, by your own admission on the email and photos you sent me have broken the watch, i can post the email and photos here for discussion if you want?

Im sorry for posting here, but when you threatened me with paypal because i had not returned your email (I am at work by the way and cannot respond to my home emails but i have emailed you from my alternative address) it upset me abit.

My proposal to you is to send the watch to a watchsmith and have it fixed. If you post a question either here or repgeek im sure you will find a watchsmith thats willing to help. That rep cost me nearly $500 when it was purchased from Eddie Lee so i think its definately worth you having it repaired.

Edited by colin46

Ok now i am getting worried about you,

there is a old thread of you with the same problem and same watch, do i have to believe this watch is not the same ??..

It could be for incidence.. ????.... <_<

old thread

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...mp;#entry182313

that was actually a white faced daydate from joshua that is my dads (you can believe me if you want), i can show you that watch if you like i still have it and would never sell it bacause it is still broken.

You ADMITTED to me, in the email that you sent, that you forced the hands which broke the crown. the crown was not broken on the watch that i sent you and it was actually working perfectly when i sent it.

i cant believe you would stoop so low and try and dig up something that would try and get you out of the fact that you broke the watch.

I said before that i would have replaced the watch if you had requested it, but you never did and then you forced the hands which have knocked the crown off. Why did you do that? if you had said it was dead on arrival and requested refund / replacement i would have without question.

in the situation you have now, how can you prove that you did not break the watch, by bringing up a two and a half year old thread

I am not telling that, the watch had a problem or not ?.. am i crazy ?.. i buy things and then i brake them just to argue with the seller ??...

I am really sorry but i will have to report it to payapl, and the really dont like replica transactions.

And all this you think is about the 150 $ ???.. ive been honest all my life , and ive sent money to some one i dont know in good faith.

But i recived a broken watch, and yes I MADE MORE DAMAGE... but this happened because the watch was already defective.!!!

and about the old post, it just very strange coincidence , i have not said that is the same...

that was actually a white faced daydate from joshua that is my dads (you can believe me if you want), i can show you that watch if you like i still have it and would never sell it bacause it is still broken.

You ADMITTED to me, in the email that you sent, that you forced the hands which broke the crown. the crown was not broken on the watch that i sent you and it was actually working perfectly when i sent it.

i cant believe you would stoop so low and try and dig up something that would try and get you out of the fact that you broke the watch.

I said before that i would have replaced the watch if you had requested it, but you never did and then you forced the hands which have knocked the crown off. Why did you do that? if you had said it was dead on arrival and requested refund / replacement i would have without question.

in the situation you have now, how can you prove that you did not break the watch, by bringing up a two and a half year old thread

Gentlemen,

I might suggest, that before opening hostilities you both try to reach an amicable arrangement via PM.

I would further suggest that, if you need to carry out a flame war towards each other, you do so within the arena, that the sale was transacted.

Frankly, the admin team have more than enough work in keeping this place operating, without having to try to resolve, adjudicate, or referee these sorts of issues.

Loop closed.

Offshore