When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC 3717 Bracelet/Latch Pin

dbutlerman

Hi RWG -

I was admiring my IWC 3717 (V3) last night, and I noticed that I was missing one of the pins that attach the bracelet to the clasp/latch. There are two 1/2 length pins, one per side. They are are solid ss pins, not screws, or split pins. I drove the pin out of the opposite side to take to a few jewelers, hoping that they would just have one in stock. However, nope, nobody (and I went to four watch-smiths) has one, or has seen a pin of this style. I also found out why the other pin is lost, the one pin I had fits tight in it's original hole, but is loose in the missing pins hole.

I found, and ordered the following from Ofrei. Part number MM-M124 http://www.ofrei.com/page409.html Maybe somebody here knows if this is the best solution, or if there is a better one...

Thanks!

-D

img3290y.jpg

Fixed it! I found a stainless steel pin that was 2.2mm. Then, using my dremel and micrometer, I measured the original pin, and went to work grinding/filing down the 2.2mm pin to 1.9mm at the head, and 2mm down from the head to 1.6mm to the end...and now I have a newly replaced pin in the bracelet!!!