When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

steel bracelet problems

Satnik71

I have bought a couple of reps with steel bracelets Rolex GMT ceramic, planet ocean and unfortunately I have trouble with the pins/screwes which keep falling out (particularly if i do some physical activity causing lot of vibration - such as skiing).

I understang that this is a common problem but I would still kindly ask senior member for advice:

- Is this typical error, should one preferebly buy watches with rubber/lether instead of steel?

- are there any known methods of checking with supplier (choosing type of bracelet, choosing right supplier, ask particular questions) to determine the quality before ordering

- once that watch is received what can/or is usually done to prevent bracelet from falling apart

- are there brands/suppliers/produceres which are known for better quality of bracelets?

regards and thanks in advance

satnik

My bracelet on the gmt master IIc fell apart during a weding when i was clapping. It wasn't the screws that held the pins in place it was the pins that hold the top parts of the bracelet together. I am sending it back with the watch since there was a problem with it but you could always try and take the bracelet apart if a part comes off easy then locktite the pins back in. I tried fixing it that way but decided it's probably better off to replace it. It was hard to get it undone after the locktite.

Use Loctite Blue on the screws and don't screw them down super tight.

You should be able to un-screw them if necessary without any trouble.