When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Post-V Crown Guard Project (Contemp)

kbiz

So my ongoing irritation with the Rep CGs continues... Love the LH and V CGs but what about all the contemporaries?? When was the last time I even saw a JF CG?? *sigh*

So being that I like to fix things and the $$ and the availability of Gen CGs is not really congruent with this hobby... I've thought of a solution (maybe).

It's not so much the CG itself but it's the lever!!! The rep levers that fit tight are more rare than Gen CGs (not that they cost more)... The levers are typically so floppy and with huge gaps... you can fix the flop since the gens have a plastic bushing in lever... but the gaps can't be fixed. So I figured I need a new lever... If I made one wide enough (as in wider than all of the rep CG slots) then I can sand the sides of the lever down to fit any and every CG on the market. Also, like the LH CGs, the roller end of the lever can be longer to accommodate different configurations... Anyone still have a nice CG that they cant use because of an old palp crown??

Here's a Gen CG and Lever...

dsc00408z.jpg

Lever on a bar of SS...

dsc00405vjj.jpg

Am I crazy?? Did I really just glue my Gen CG Lever to this bar?? Yup ;)

dsc00409i.jpg

So now I've made a template of the lever... I'll be milling this once I figure out the best order of operations for machining... wish me luck :)

Good luck! A great project!

Just, I have doubts about gen lever shape applied to rep CGs...

Brilliant!!! Best of luck man!!! Next up please mill the body of the CG and then the pin and then the plastic brushing and sell three to me so I can replicate your 088 project with my Vaclumed ultimate 88

@ssurfer

So far it's fit in about 8 different rep CGs of mine... we'll see...

Very good to read that! :thumbsupsmileyanim: Please keep us posted.