When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Exp II Help

Hey Guys -

Need some help here...

I received a Exp II from an outside dealer (I know, I know, but I ordered it before I met you guys :) ) and it came with a little problem...The bezel was misaligned (Duh, they all come that way), and two, the bezel was slightly lifted from the case. No prob, I can fix that...so I pop off the bezel and crystal. I don't know if this is standard for the Explorer IIs, but the Crystal and Bezel are held to the case by compressing on to a raised ring on the front of the case. Then I found the problem. When the bezel had been installed by the factory they had folded the "compression ring", which is the reason why bezel wasn't sitting flush...here is the 1st picture showing the problem:

ring1b.jpg

and picture 2:

ring2f.jpg

I guess what I need to do is buy a replacement ring and press everything back together. But I don't know where to get the ring (ofrei.com?) or what the ring is even called. Hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction...Here are my measurements of bezel, ring and crystal:

Bezel: ID 31.25mm, OD 39.15, width 4mm

bezel.jpg

Crystal: OD 30.5mm x 1.55mm thick

crystald.jpg

Ring: Height 2.45mm 1.4mm thick

Thanks for any help you guys can offer!

-D