When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Titanium bracelet or clasp, do they even exist as reps?

Drulee

Alright, I was waiting for a flight the other day, so I decided to do some surfing of rep sites for a quick laugh. Well I came across an 089 with a "solid titanium" bracelet and book marked it for later scrutiny.

I came across that bookmark just now and had a closer look at the images on the site (Link to 089 with ti bracelet on Sinowatches). It was obviously a rep pictured (was even missing the tick by the GMT 18 hour), but was that a "solid titanium" bracelet attached? And, if it was, is it a rep bracelet, or a gen used to sucker you in?

First, the $235 price tag seems way too cheap if the watch is as claimed. Next, the deployant is stamped "Stainless Steel" - but is that just he deployant parts? And finally, non of the pictures show the front side of the bracelet - what are they trying to hide? I'd guess they are hiding the fact that it is a stainless steel bracelet attached.

I searched here to find some info on the dealer's reputation, but found mixed feedback. One trusted member has said that they have purchased from them with no problems. Others say the dealer used to be Hont's partner, whatever that means (nothing to me :)). And the Amdins seem to have a problem with "new" members pushing their goods.

So do "solid titanium" replica bracelets even exist? How about "repped" solid titanium deployant clasps?

That link to that (crappy) 089 shows the bracelet is a commonly available SS bracelet so ignore any description - look closely at the endlink, specifically the brushed 'interstitial' part (as opposed to the curved 'CG-shaped' part) - this clearly does not match the colour of the Ti case lugs.

As for do Ti bracelets exist as reps? Not any more. The only one that was ever available was OOP some years ago. It came on my 192 Tanti - and has contrasting (brushed) Ti / SS (polished) links.