When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch Winding

Netbook

Hi all, so a few years ago I used to troll around here but got lost for awhile, so long actually that I had to re register, lol. Anyway I got a Panerai 111 as a gift a little while ago and I am loving it, I have always loved the Panis. Anyway, so it was working great but not it has some winding problems, sometimes it will wind and sometimes it like doesn't catch and won't wind, anyway, I will wind it and eventually it will catch but only for a bit then it will like dis engage and I have to wind for awhile again to get it going. Just wondering what may be wrong what I may have done to it and if it can be fixed.

Thanks.

Netbook

anyone, i know there is a watch genius out there come on little help for a noob

I'm no genius but had a similar problem with my 111h - When you wind the watch look at the mechanism (assuming you have a display back(?) the smallest cog nearest the winding crown may be slipping. The fix is easy:

1. Remove the case back

2. Using screwdriver tighten the screw on the slipping cog. REMEMBER that the screw is threaded in reverse, so you need to tighten it by turning anti-clockwise

3. Now gently wind the watch to see if the slipping cog holds..... If there is too much resistance when you wind the watch you will need to loosen the cog slightly

4. Replace case back

5. Enjoy your 111

Regards,

Beano

Wow thanks for the replies, all helpful, here is the update.

So I got the faceback off and there are three cogs on the back with screws I saw.

Tightened the upper left counter winding one all the way then the center one (normal winding), then the last one is like a smaller one with an arm on the side which I lost then found and reinstalled and then tightened up. Seems to me the watch is actually winding worse tan before. So looking closely at the movement, I think the problem is on the small right most cog of the three that the arm that engages the center cog seems to be slipping. Any advice on what to do. Help greatly appreciated, love the watch but you all understand, want it to work too.

Thanks

Netbook