When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My ROO Wake up call

I love the ROO, LOVE it. I have two that I purchased from Josh, I rotate them and in taking Fransisco advice, I shut them off when not wearing them. I have the SS Navy and the Rubber clad.

I have been wearing my rubber clad pretty much every day since the summer started as it is just that much more comfortable and I feel casual for everyday use.

Sometimes wearing it everyday, I forget that it is actually a rep. I mean I don't forget so much that I would ever go into a AD and show it to them, or would I ever formally try and pass it off.

But sitting on my wrist casually, has become a nice feeling. In some ways I feel smarter than having spent 20k and have to really worry about getting robbed or something.

Anyway, living in Los Angeles, there are many AP ROO out there, GENS. I recently went to a friends house to spend the afternoon, I didn't even think about my watch because I wear it everyday.

We all know the flaws and we all know how close they really are to the GEN, especially the rubber clad.

So when I went to my buddies and he noticed the watch, and showed me his wrist with the same one, for a second I thought "cool". Then my heart sank and I thought Oh no....

But in actuality, it really is that close. The lume for sure is a dead giveaway... Sorry I don't have pics but you guys have seen the comparisons already.

I guess I am just sharing that these watches are so real that its easy to forget that they aren't and I almost was really embarrassed!

The lesson? I can't say for sure because I am already thinking about my next purchase...perhaps the Sachin or wait for the bumble Bee.

But I am glad that i had a little wake up call and I will certainly be a bit more careful and actually think to remember that it is a rep and it is for me to enjoy and not try and be something it is not...

Have a great day fellas

But I am glad that i had a little wake up call and I will certainly be a bit more careful and actually think to remember that it is a rep and it is for me to enjoy and not try and be something it is not...

And that's something i respect!

I love this hobby, but one aspect i dont like about it is that a lot of people are in it just to decieve people about their watches. They go around telling people its Gen, or implying that it is gen, so they can parade around pretending to be someone they're not and trying to trick people into thinking they bought at 20k watch when they actually bought a 0.5k watch.

What i do is enjoy the rep, like you, and that's what i love. I love wearing pieces that look fantastic and feel fantastic, but i dont try to deceive anyone by directly implying, or otherwise, that its the genuine article.

Edited by chir0nex