When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone Replaced Pam Crystals With Davidsen Sapphires?

subzero1

Checked out some Gen PAM's this week, and the main thing I see as a big difference is the use of real sapphire crystal on the gens. In person it gives the dials a larger-than-life appearance and a real presence that the reps just don't match. So, I just placed an order of 3 crystals from Davidsen. Has anyone here replaced rep crystals with the Davidsen ones? If so, how hard was it, and do you have any before/after pics?

I would like to know if anyone has used the Davidsen AR crystals on a 196 7753 (old case). Trying to measure the crystal is tough, but using my calipers (inches) and converting to mm I get about 35.3mm and he specs the crystals at 35.5mm for 44mm cases.

Would really like to know as I may try one of his crowns as well. The 196 would be MUCH improved at that point.

Edited by chieftang

Can I install the crystals without a press?

No you will need a press unless you are superman :bleh: LOL You'll need big dies too!

Bignasty-

Do you have any pics?

I also am wondering if anyone bought and put on his AR coated 44mm version. :)

I have pics but they've but deleted from my online album. I'll post some when I get a chance. They are on my other machine.

Jon :victory:

I would like to know if anyone has used the Davidsen AR crystals on a 196 7753 (old case). Trying to measure the crystal is tough, but using my calipers (inches) and converting to mm I get about 35.3mm and he specs the crystals at 35.5mm for 44mm cases.

Would really like to know as I may try one of his crowns as well. The 196 would be MUCH improved at that point.

The 196/188 crystal is slightly smaller than the standard 44mm PAM's - no go.

i have installed the davidsen crystal on a jimmyzfu case. the diameter size was not an issue at all, but i'm thinking that maybe the crystal is too thin. it sits slightly below the bezel rather than above like the genuine article or our standard reps. i think i will reinstall the rep sapphire crystal--it looks taller.