When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cortebert movement

OmegaPOFL

Hey guys, i've been search for a while on the different types of cortebert movements....and found some interesting info.

I haven't yet found a clear answer to which cortebert movements can be easily interchanged with a 6497 or 6498 movement. I've always wanted to have a Pam homage watch with an old movement, but without the vintage dial etc.

will a 665 or a 532 fit?

i know the 618 is a good fit, but it's also impossible to find.

which other corte movements can fit, say a 45mm Radiomir case and which ones can fit a 47mm radiomir case?

i really hope some experts in the field can help out..

Cort 616 works. But its not really interchangeable with 6497. Modifications (or new parts) needs to be done to hands, movement holder, dial, etc. But it will fit in a 47mm and possibly a 45mm (I've never tried 45mm).

Cort 616 works. But its not really interchangeable with 6497. Modifications (or new parts) needs to be done to hands, movement holder, dial, etc. But it will fit in a 47mm and possibly a 45mm (I've never tried 45mm).

cool!

the reason i asked was because chronology just put up a radiomir vintage with a cortebert 620. so it got me thinking whether it's possible for other movements (although they look almost the same to me!) would be do-able....for a similar project.

here's chronology's pic (hope he doesn't mind)

mm1.jpg

Edited by astrograph

any more input guys? what about the movt's i talked about? the 665's or 532?

Cortebert 665

Features

manual wind

sub second

Data

10.5''', Dn= 23.69mm

15 jewels

f = 18000 A/h

Cortebert 532

Features

stem wind and set

sub second

Data

18''', Dn= 40.61mm

15 jewels

f = 18000 A/h

I believe you need a 16.5 ligne (36.6mm) movement for most Panerai cases? I think the 532 might fit in a 47mm case with extra work tho? The 665 is too small to be worth trying imo, won't look good.

I personally am I love with the American movements from the 20's and 30's. I'm a huge naab, but I doubt any european-made movements

come even close to those. Amazing decoration, very fine micro-regulators, beautiful screwed golden chatons... Cant wait to get my first one :p.

Hopefully I'll manage to get it in a Panerai sterile case :)

Edited by Neuuubeh

I believe you need a 16.5 ligne (36.6mm) movement for most Panerai cases? I think the 532 might fit in a 47mm case with extra work tho? The 665 is too small to be worth trying imo, won't look good.

I personally am I love with the American movements from the 20's and 30's. I'm a huge naab, but I doubt any european-made movements

come even close to those. Amazing decoration, very fine micro-regulators, beautiful screwed golden chatons... Cant wait to get my first one :p .

Hopefully I'll manage to get it in a Panerai sterile case :)

ooh! thanks :)

there was someone here or on RG who modded a pam with an early vintage Hamilton movt. looked amazingggggg

ooh! thanks :)

there was someone here or on RG who modded a pam with an early vintage Hamilton movt. looked amazingggggg

Yup, I think it was a 16,5 ligne movement. I have a pocketwatch with a stunning (in my opinion :p) Illinois movement

in it on the way, couldn't find exact info on the movement, but it should be ok ;).

Of course this is no way historically correct :p. Then again, I don't see the point of abusing a freshly-milled steel case

to make it appear old and then put the historically correct movement either. That being said I'm also waiting for a nice

old "sterile" Molnija 3602 with no russian engravings ;)