When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bently Gt Date Setting

Faker

I am having trouble setting the date on the Bently Gt I just received. I set the time and day of the week, but I cant move the date wheel. I am under the impression that you move the crown in the opposite direction to change the date as opposed to the day. THe day moves fine but when I move it in the opposite direction I get a ruff clicking sound, is the movement defective? Sorry I know it sounds confusing, only someone who is familiar with the mechanics of the movement will understand.

Edited by Faker

If it's a 7750... The date pusher might be on the other side of the case (@ 10:00)...

Nope dude... @Faker's right... By right, turning "clockwise" will enable you to change the day, and turning "anti-clockwise" will enable you to change the date. I seriously think you have a defective 7750, in terms of a screwed-up day-date wheel... suspect it's cos you didn't follow the "golden rule" of ensuring that the time is not between 10 o'clock-3 o'clock when you tried adjusting the day and date... :(

Go to your nearest watchsmith (experienced one, that is), he should be able to solve this for you... if not, you could approach The Zigmeister... the ONE & only... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Cheers... :victory:

Update! I think I just made matters worse. While moving the day of the week it just kinda haulted and froze in between Wed and thurs! It feels like there is a lot of pressure on the crown so I dont want to push it too hard cause it feels like it's about to snap! What can I do? Help? I wanna wear this beast

I am having trouble setting the date on the Bently Gt I just received. I set the time and day of the week, but I cant move the date wheel. I am under the impression that you move the crown in the opposite direction to change the date as opposed to the day. THe day moves fine but when I move it in the opposite direction I get a ruff clicking sound, is the movement defective? Sorry I know it sounds confusing, only someone who is familiar with the mechanics of the movement will understand.

Yes the movement is defective. The Day/Date wheels should operate for setting in the way you are describing you are trying. If they work in the normal operation of the watch, you can still use it by scrolling through the 24 hours of eack day until the date is synchronized with the actual calander date and keep the watch wound and running. For months with less than 31 days you will have to move the hands forward again to move to the correct date. Some very high end watches do not have a date setting function in their movements so even though the movement is broken in this regard, if the date still advances in normal operation, it's not such a big deal to keep it wound and take a minute or two 5 months out of the year to advance it.

Update! I think I just made matters worse. While moving the day of the week it just kinda haulted and froze in between Wed and thurs! It feels like there is a lot of pressure on the crown so I dont want to push it too hard cause it feels like it's about to snap! What can I do? Help? I wanna wear this beast

Hey, put it down!!!!! If your $80,000 BMW was making a grinding noise and had smoke pouring out the back, you'd pull over and have it towed, not floor it and try to make it to the service station.

Nope dude... @Faker's right... By right, turning "clockwise" will enable you to change the day, and turning "anti-clockwise" will enable you to change the date. I seriously think you have a defective 7750, in terms of a screwed-up day-date wheel... suspect it's cos you didn't follow the "golden rule" of ensuring that the time is not between 10 o'clock-3 o'clock when you tried adjusting the day and date... :(

Go to your nearest watchsmith (experienced one, that is), he should be able to solve this for you... if not, you could approach The Zigmeister... the ONE & only... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Cheers... :victory:

Oh No!!! That is super disappointing. I did adjust the watch at about 10am today. I wasnt aware of such a thing. I dont feel like waiting to get a new one, I really want to wear this one now!!! If the movement is this delicate, some people might want to reconsider purchasing this watch.

Oh No!!! That is super disappointing. I did adjust the watch at about 10am today. I wasnt aware of such a thing. I dont feel like waiting to get a new one, I really want to wear this one now!!! If the movement is this delicate, some people might want to reconsider purchasing this watch.

That's a 10 pm to 3 am rule but it is possible your watch was off by 12 hours.

Day/date wheel issues are usually not serious mechanical issues. I doubt your watch is ruined but what is obviously an immediate gratification need might have to be shelved.

Try resting the watch to 6:00 pm and retry.

Usil

Ok she is gonna wait until 6:00pm today. Unfortunately I think the damage is more extensive because the hour and minute hands have stopped moving. Surprisingly the second hand in the subdial is still moving. I am affraid to try and enable the pushers.

Well, as what Usil said, you could try ressting the time to 6 o'clock... If it still can't work, stop trying to force-wind it dude... :wounded1: just get it to the nearest watchsmith... although many of 'em won't like working with the 7750.

And please don't be too upset, the new 7750 movts are much, much better than the older ones, trust me...

Btw, who did you get yours from?

Well, as what Usil said, you could try ressting the time to 6 o'clock... If it still can't work, stop trying to force-wind it dude... :wounded1: just get it to the nearest watchsmith... although many of 'em won't like working with the 7750.

And please don't be too upset, the new 7750 movts are much, much better than the older ones, trust me...

Btw, who did you get yours from?

I am not really pushing. If I feel resistance I stop immediately. I dont feel as I mishandled the watch. I got the watch from Trustywatchguy. I think the watch is absolutely gorgeous, I like it better then my genuine Rolex!

I am not really pushing. If I feel resistance I stop immediately. I dont feel as I mishandled the watch. I got the watch from Trustywatchguy. I think the watch is absolutely gorgeous, I like it better then my genuine Rolex!

Well if you can keep your mouth shut about what you are doing to further complicate the situation, it sounds like a mechanical problem out of the box and I'm sure Andrew can help you out. But be warned, he reads the posts here!!!!! :D

Well if you can keep your mouth shut about what you are doing to further complicate the situation, it sounds like a mechanical problem out of the box and I'm sure Andrew can help you out. But be warned, he reads the posts here!!!!! :D

I rather not have to go that route cause it will take too long. Another thing I noticed before I even touched the crown was the sound. If u shake the watch sometimes u can feel the wheel spinning and u can slightly hear and feel it vibrating. other times it doesnt do it. Is this normal of the movement?

I rather not have to go that route cause it will take too long. Another thing I noticed before I even touched the crown was the sound. If u shake the watch sometimes u can feel the wheel spinning and u can slightly hear and feel it vibrating. other times it doesnt do it. Is this normal of the movement?

It almost feels like there is a wheel unscrewing that is about to fall off.

I did adjust the watch at about 10am today.

You are aware that the references are to the time on the watch - not - the time of day you set it.

IDIOTS GUIDE TO SETTING:

Step 1 advance the watch until the date changes (youve found midnight)

Step 2 advance to 6am (or anytime outside the 10pm - 3am danger zone)

Step 3 use pushers / crown to complete all day, date, month settings - set to Yesterday

Step 4 advance to correct time today

Step 5 Big self congrats for no grinding of cogs ^_^

It almost feels like there is a wheel unscrewing that is about to fall off.

Normal. That's the 7750 wobble you're feeling...

These 7750's at times, especially when new can have some kinks to work out...

I have have a few that got a bit caught, however once I found a way to get

it moving, everything was fine..

I would try pulling out the crown to the furthest setting and rolling the hands in

in a counter clockwise direction ... carefully and seeing if the date will un hinge..

if not try clockwise... if it moves.. use the hands for several days worth of change

to get it moving.....

Then if things work out,.. go back to the date setting position and try again...

but be smooth and careful...

If this does not work.. then contact the dealer to work out the fix...

Normal. That's the 7750 wobble you're feeling...

Hmmm.... Pretty normal, that... :whistling::g:

@Faker, just contact Andrew, He's a stand-up guy... I'm sure he'll do what he can for you.. though I personally feel you should save the trouble and get a reliable watchsmith to solve this issue dude... :D

Ok she is gonna wait until 6:00pm today.

What is meant here is pull the crown and ADVANCE THE TIME TO 6PM

My tip would be advance the time (with the crown) thru some 36/48 hours and you will most likely find that will free the lock up youve caused.

ps Give all your neihbours fair warning if you ever purchase firearms

For this watch and the IWC GST Chronos..with duo date...

Best Position to quickset is 5pm to 7pm.. Quicksetting at this position will not damage the parts.

You can try this..

1. Run the hands of the watch thru a few revs.. Let the day and date changes by itself at 12.00 for a few days...

2. then Move the hands thru 12.00 to confirm it is pm, Move the hands to 5.00 to 7.00..

3. Try quicksetting again...

4. If it is still stuck.. Wind thru the day wheel for a few days and turn the other way to set the date again. It should work and vice versa.....

If the above fails.. Your date wheel could be dislodged.. You have to seek porfessional help.. A Watch smith.

Hope the above helps.

Joshua

These 7750's at times, especially when new can have some kinks to work out...

I have have a few that got a bit caught, however once I found a way to get

it moving, everything was fine..

I would try pulling out the crown to the furthest setting and rolling the hands in

in a counter clockwise direction ... carefully and seeing if the date will un hinge..

if not try clockwise... if it moves.. use the hands for several days worth of change

to get it moving.....

Then if things work out,.. go back to the date setting position and try again...

but be smooth and careful...

If this does not work.. then contact the dealer to work out the fix...

Great advice you should try @Faker... :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

Good News!!!!!! I got it to work. I put the watch to 6 o'clock and everything adjusted fine. Thank you so much everybody. If I knew how to take pictures that didnt come out a blurry mess I would proudly post a pic of the correct day time and date! The watch is excellent and I would like to add the the lume is decent too.

Good News!!!!!! I got it to work. I put the watch to 6 o'clock and everything adjusted fine. Thank you so much everybody. If I knew how to take pictures that didnt come out a blurry mess I would proudly post a pic of the correct day time and date! The watch is excellent and I would like to add the the lume is decent too.

I think you should throw out the espresso machine. :D Did I read you say returning the watch to get it right would take too long??? Jeezz a lou!

Good luck with the Bentley. I love mine! Just a bit of replica owners advice. When you get these things running and running right, dont f#@k with what works. You sound like the kind of guy who is going to have the caseback off by the end of the weekend just so you can have a look inside and check out that loud rotor "just in case!!!"

C

Edited by crystalcranium