When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Update for me 2wk old DSSDv5 - Lume .....

Jkay

When I first wrote up my article on the DSSDv5 I got from Eurotimez, I was asked about the lume and I said "it's ok .. normal rep lume"

I have to update this .. I do not have a night table next to my bed at home, but I *do* have one next to my bed at my summer house. I just spent a week there, and had my DSSDv5 on the night table every night as I slept. One morning, I woke up at 5am, and THERE WAS THE WATCH .. I could read the hands and dial perfectly 6 hours after I had turned out the light.

SO ... to update my opinion ... no, this is not Luminova obviously. You can't use it as a flashlight. But 6 hours after it last saw a lamp, I could clearly read it in the dark.

Ehh I have one too and a gen PO and a WM9v2 Sub which has super luminova. Trust me when I say it doesn't even come close to comparing. Get it superlumed, it'll finish the watch nicely.

Also your night vision is much better later at night after your eyes have adjusted.

Ehh I have one too and a gen PO and a WM9v2 Sub which has super luminova. Trust me when I say it doesn't even come close to comparing. Get it superlumed, it'll finish the watch nicely.

Also your night vision is much better later at night after your eyes have adjusted.

Hi could you make some pics so we can compare?

Regards,

E.