When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hel with buying a MBW AP ROO

OK since the new season of Entourage aired I have been obsessed with the AP RO (ari has one)

I am looking for this exact model: http://www.authenticwatches.com/audemar ... st-03.html

I would like the model with the 39mm case. Reg agreed to source on for me next week (he is ging the MBK shoping center) . However, he asked for the exact model as he will only buy the watch but not make judgements based on accuracy. As such I have 2 questions. Is there more than on 39mm model of this watch and if so which one should I order.

Also, anyone know what these cost. I estimated about the cost of a MBW sub, but I'm not sure.......i guess thats 3 questions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

The watch in your link is not a ROO per se (Royal Oak Offshore), but rather it is just the Royal Oak. The 15300 is a nice watch, though a little thicker than the old 15202 Jumbo (the 15300 is newer).

In terms of gen: The newer 15300 uses the inhouse 3120 while the older 15202 uses the JLC based caliber 2121. The 3120 is slightly larger in profile, so the case is a bit thicker than the older model. The hands and dial indicies have also been updated to appear more faceted for a modern touch.

In terms of rep; you can get one of the old MBK/MBW Jumbos that is based on the 15202; those are fairly nice, but they do have flaws and inaccuracies when compared to gen. There is also a 15300 rep, but I have not seen nor handled that one to provide any good insight on those.

Good luck on your hunt!

Is this the one you're talking about? Ubi is right, it's not the ROO, but a Royal Oak.

http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=241_246&products_id=2970

Also, jfreeman is right too. In entourage, he's actually wearing two different APs. He owns one in the show (the jumbo, see the episode where they go out into the desert and take shrooms), and he gets one as a gift (the gold chrono that he receives from the head of the studio). Lots of AP love on that show. Heck, Ari could be a case study for great watches. he also wears a vintage Rolex Panerai at the beginning of season 5.

The 15300 reps are really nice (newest version). The bracelet is well done (dimensionally) but lacks the fine finish quality of the MBW jumbo and the screws are sometimes stripped. The watch case of the 15300 is awesome and the dial rivals that of the jumbo rep (which has an incredible dial). Logo is abit small but it does have white paint filled between the A and P.

As always....the AP RO reps do not fit small wrists that well.

Thanks guys. looks like I'm going to go for the AP RO Jumbo black face. I think that the finish/quality of the MBW is putting me over the edge. I was told there are some flaws with this model but after a search i have found nothing. Any thoughts?

Just wanted to make sure that the Jumbo comes with silver screws on the bezel. I saw some in the past with gold screws (not sure if this is accurate or fantasy, but I'm not a fan)

Edited by boston21

Thanks guys. looks like I'm going to go for the AP RO Jumbo black face. I think that the finish/quality of the MBW is putting me over the edge. I was told there are some flaws with this model but after a search i have found nothing. Any thoughts?

Just wanted to make sure that the Jumbo comes with silver screws on the bezel. I saw some in the past with gold screws (not sure if this is accurate or fantasy, but I'm not a fan)

MBW jubmo's only come with light gold screws.

MBW Royal Oak Jumbo will be more expensive than MBW Rolex as Nah-Piek shop sells them for 9.500 baht (195 Euros) compared to modern Sub etc. for 7.500 baht (155 Euro). Dealers will charge double or more.

Hope that helps...

l

Edited by leon32