When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WM9 Yachtmaster

RolexSigEp

Not a difficult fix, but something that I wouldn't stress about until you have the watch serviced. 20min +/- isn't significant; not enough to send a watch back for alignment, and not detrimental to the function of the watch. I think gen allows for a tolerance of around 15min for the date change anyways.

very true but I am one picky dude when it comes to my watches haha. and didnt know the standards for an ETA movement if it should or could be closer to midnight. i also realized that your old YM looks like your dial had a lighter color than mine? my Y series has that lighter shade. I have yet to see a genuine Z series dial

I can certainly understand where you're coming from; I'm quite particular as well when it comes to the little details. However, I seem to recall that a date changeover within 15min of 12:00 is accetable for gen Rolex; i.e. if you were to bring your watch back to the dealer to have the date trued up closer to midnight with a 15 minute descrepancy, they are likely to ask you to try and live with it ;) Personally, I'd just have it addressed when it's time for service.

With regards to dial color- There's quite a lot of variation with gen dials. I think the overall fine details of the font, font color, markers and surface texture are probably more crucial in terms of having a convincing dial...

That is a great point as far as font, font color, and surface texture as being convincing. It is somewhat convincing as far as texture goes. Obviously doesn't look like the real deal but it's not bad. Date wheel is close and the ETA is smooth. Weight wise is real close. 138 grams WM and 145 grams Gen. With the gen being platinum that is obviously where your weight comes in. There is no option to put in a movement holder to help add with the weight I don't think?