When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Alain Silberstein Question

koppite

Hello, I am new to this whole scene and was wondering if I could get some advice. I'm in love with the Alain Silberstein Krono Bauhaus and really want to pick up a replica. I've never ordered a replica before, though. A coupe questions.

1. Any recommendations for sites to order from?

2. How hard is it to tell it is a fake? I don't care at all but I'd like something at least close to the original.

3. Do the mechanisms work well for keeping time, do they crap out easily?

Thanks so much!

I think the Krono Bauhaus is fairly similar to the original. I own one and it's a solid build. Like the original, be careful how you treat the enamel on the sides. You don't want to chip it. My first movement died on me, but I got a replacement from my dealer. Fairly painless. it works fine now, and I've had it over a year.

1. any of the collectors here should have the same watch. Doesn't matter. It depends on who you like and who you trust.

2. I think I just answered that.

3. They are accurate, and the functions seem to work. To be honest, I still don't know or care about the smiley face function so I can't speak to it.

I think the Krono Bauhaus is fairly similar to the original. I own one and it's a solid build. Like the original, be careful how you treat the enamel on the sides. You don't want to chip it. My first movement died on me, but I got a replacement from my dealer. Fairly painless. it works fine now, and I've had it over a year.

1. any of the collectors here should have the same watch. Doesn't matter. It depends on who you like and who you trust.

2. I think I just answered that.

3. They are accurate, and the functions seem to work. To be honest, I still don't know or care about the smiley face function so I can't speak to it.

Oh man thanks so much. Just wondering, how long does shipping usually take for these types of watches?