When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I need serious advice

kronos twin

I'm about to purchase my first Aquatimer. I have a 7.5" wrist, and I like the 44mm heft of the Cousteau Divers (Lanikai's pics are legendary). I'd like to hear your thoughts on the following:

Which should I get:

1. The CD 2006 Edition -- I know everyone here raves about it, but I'm not so sure that the Blue can be worn with a lot of things. And is it a sin to even suggest that I'd put a black rubber strap instead of the blue one?

2. The Slevin -- it sits a little smaller, which is a downer for me, but I like the metal.

3. The CD 2008 Edition -- I could go all out and get the most colorful of the bunch. But really, how often would you wear it? Seriously, how often do you wear it if you own it?

I trust the judgment of many of you folks out here, and I'm leaning towards the CD 2006, but I'd love to hear some advice right now.

thank you in advance. You have no idea how much I've struggled with this one (whoas me).

The 2006 is a dark blue. I find I wear it with quite a bit. It's a fantastic watch. You could get a black strap I suppose, but the blue does tie the piece together. I don't find it as blue as you would think.

The Slevin is nice, but I like the added detail of the extra ring of numbers of the CD...makes it seem more "the business" instead of "missing something".

The 2008 is great, but very sporty looking and much less versatile IMHO. There was a review of one recently that seemed to indicate the build quality wasn't the greatest.