When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

water resistance p/o

signumboy

Shouldn't have any loss of water resistance properties, unless the gasket was pinched or knocked out of it's channel when threading the caseback on.

For what it's worth, I took my franken PO in to be pressure tested after I had the case open and performed all of my mods; still passed with flying colors. If you have any doubts on yours, I would recommend having your watch tested as well.

Yep, personaly I would test any watch, rep or gen that's been opened before taking it anywhere near water. Just to be shure. Especialy a relitivly expensive piece. POs tho are generaly reputed to be damn good out of the box.

Just out of interest Offshore tested my 18mth old noob sub today (my testers still in the sick ward). Never been touched but it has been soundly abused inc a good scrub down with thinners and a tooth brush a few times, overspray is a bugger. Tested fine to 4atm (133 feet). I'd still not take any rep near water untill I tested it but I am begining to think that the water restance of your average rep is beter than a lot of folk would have us belive.

Col.

EL used to say that rep water resistance was good for 50m; 50m dash in the rain :lol:

Reps have come a long way... And with the technology out there to produce/manufacture to precision tolerances, there's no reason why a good quality rep can't be water resistant with the proper gaskets and seals.