When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch Repair/Overhaul

Dwight

I bought two watches from Narikka, a PAM GMT and a A Lange and Sohne. Both have stopped running. Does anyone know of a good place that can repair/overhaul the units so they work again? My local watch maker wants 150 US to do the A Lange overhaul. I spoke with The Zigmeister a while back and actually sent a Daytona which could not be fixed. I like the watches and would like to fix them for a reasonable price.

Unfortunately, if you like these watches, 150 seems like a reasonable price. I admit I don't have comprehensive knowledge on the price of an overhaul, but it's not parts you're paying for, it's the labor required to clean the parts and relubricate them. If you like them, I mean really like them, then I say that's an okay price. Consider that many companies charge a hell of a lot to overhaul a gen. I personally prefer to own many reps and pay a good watchmaker for his labor. I support watchmakers, but I don't necessarily support most watch companies because they are overpriced and spend most of their money on marketing.