When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem chrono quartz Panerai Ferrari

castlemountain

I bought my 6th rep and I guess it happened as it is likely, something doesn't work.

(Ok, I had some smaller issues earlier that I did not complain to seller about.)

It is a Panerai Ferrari California quartz, cool watch I think, of course it is both a Ferrari and quartz.

dsc3101.jpg

So not a REAL Panerai :)

I put it in the general section as I think this is useful to know when you buy all Quartz chronos.

It has buttons at 2, 3 & 4. At 2: (unscrew)stop/start stopwatch At 3: (unscrew)setting time and pull to reset stopwatch (Do not know if this should be necessarry?) At 4: this doesn't work, I guess it should reset stopwatch.

Big central second hand for stopwatch, running seconds at 9, this is stationary, running 24h at 3, this works but is slightly out of sync with the time.

So I have been told to send it back for repair. I think it would be nice to have running seconds at 9 and be able to reset stopwatch with button at 4.

However for 20-25 usd, (and perhaps waiting 4 weeks) I do not know if it is worth it. The dial at 9 is quite small, so not very visible.

Also I might want to get another Quartz chrono later and it would be good to know what to expect, as this is not often described on rep sellers web pages:

Will the small dial at 9(in this case) be running seconds?

Should the button at 4 reset stopwatch?

Is it a way to get running 24h at 3 to be in sync with time? I know it is only a USD 128 watch.

But anyway could someone answer this?

I managed to get stopwatch to reset at 0 instead of 58, by using buttons at 2 and 3.

This isn't the case with all quartz chronos... I have a 120$ quartz chrono, that works exactly like the gen does. Button at 2 starts/stops, button at 4 resets.

when crown is at set time mode, buttons change the zero point, each it's own subdial.

Thanks! So ordinarily a Quartz chrono works like the gen?

I guess this one should work with button at 2: start/stop and at 4: reset.

None of the buttons adjust the small dials as crown is in set mode, so I guess this might not work with mine.

But of course the running seconds should work.

The button for start/stop has to be pushed all the way to the bottom to react, not like my TAG w/7750.

But that might just be the way it is, not malfunctioning.