When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

An interesting conversation...

mtv2009

A few months ago i went out with a group of friends for a few drinks, and on a friends wrist i saw this beauty of a watch and asked if i could have a closer look.

He passed it to me and i was blown away by it,i asked him what it was and he said "its a omega planet ocean 45mm".

Bearing in mind this was before i knew anything about the replica watch world! "is it genuine" i asked, and he replied "yeah,it is" so i took it as the truth.

I met him again today and showed him my new purchase (narikaa po) and said to him it cost 65 quid and asked him again if icould have a look at his watch..you know whats coming dont you??

He took it off his wrist and i quietly set about using all my new found rep knowledge,i was enjoying this!! :yeah:

Heres what i found :

No omega world map laser type etching on the rear of the case

Bad pearl..not even close

Off centered date wheel (well over to the left of the date window)

Short hands

No numerical markings on the bracelet or caseback

I said to him if he was sure he had bought a genuine PO and he still said yes!!!

I just hope he didnt pay the going rate for a 2nd hand gen PO and realizes he has a rep sat on his wrist. :D

He probably knows its a rep but just didnt want to lose face and didnt bank on my new skills...lol

Im always up front when showing off my reps as theres usually someone there could catch you out!!

So perhaps in a way you have him to thank, for getting you into this wonderful hobby after all? in a kind of round about way anyway ;)

Lets both hope he didnt get burned, but he probably didnt like you say ;)

Im sure he didnt get burned,he seems too savvy to fall for that,but if your saying your watch is the genuine article when its not then surely your setting yourself up to get shot down in flames.

I didnt elaborate on why i questioned its authenticity after i inspected it with more knowledge, and he didnt ask!! but he did sort of change the conversation quickly which leads me to think he knew it was a rep but didnt want to say so.

Im sure he didnt get burned,he seems too savvy to fall for that,but if your saying your watch is the genuine article when its not then surely your setting yourself up to get shot down in flames.

I didnt elaborate on why i questioned its authenticity after i inspected it with more knowledge, and he didnt ask!! but he did sort of change the conversation quickly which leads me to think he knew it was a rep but didnt want to say so.

And yes your right...he was the catalyst that got me into replica watches, so im very greatful to him for that!