When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Carrera chrono always running

stj007

Hi,

I have read some topics about chrono watches here on the forum but I have not found clear statement. I want ask if you think it is ok to have chrono running non-stop (A7750 hi beat). I just love that smooth movement of second hand :)

What do you think ?

I run mine, stays in sync with small second too, no probs. I think there is a explanation on here somewhere as to why it's ok. Possibly by By-tor?

It should make no real difference in a serviced movement running or not apart from a very slight drop in power reserve, the only problem i tend to run itnto with asian 7750s is the reseting and hand slipage, but as yours is running all the time thish should not be a problem.

As Andy says, should be no problem at all if the movement has been serviced. Unserviced you could find that it can shorten the 'lifespan' of the movement, starts to grind as it wears through the greased parts.

Get it serviced and go for your life mate, they do look real good when they are in action thats for sure!!

Sixx :bones:

You get a watchmaker to strip and service the movement. They take it all apart, clean it, re oil and lube it, then put it back togeather and back into the case and it will run like a good 'un if serviced properly!!

We have a couple of guys on the board who service and mod watches. Do a quick search for it and they should be easy enough for you to spot! :)

You get a watchmaker to strip and service the movement. They take it all apart, clean it, re oil and lube it, then put it back togeather and back into the case and it will run like a good 'un if serviced properly!!

We have a couple of guys on the board who service and mod watches. Do a quick search for it and they should be easy enough for you to spot! :)

Thanks very much for that answer! :)