When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 005

warbird

Just received my Luminor Base 005 the other day and decided to share some pics with all of you.

I lost the USB cable for my DSR so I had to use a handycam. The pictures turned out crap, but since they're my first try I hope you won't mind.

disp1.jpg

disp2.jpg

disp3.jpg

disp5.jpg

The watch actually looks really awesome in real life, especially the crown guard, unlike on the pics and except for the damn logo on the dial.

It features the following mods (i suppose):

- CG fitted to case

- nice n'thick crown

- lever filed to fit crown exactly

- CGpin flattened and polished

- CG refinished for brushed look (you wouldn't notice normally, just on the pics ...)

- Hotglue mod done by me

The next thing I want to do with it is get a DSN dial with the correct logo and stick it on a gen brown calf strap. What else is there I could change? I'm in a modding frenzy! :bounce:

thanks, tim

You should get a new CP as well. ;)

I wouldn't go with DSN's 005 dial....it has quite a few flaws...logo on it is way to close to "Panerai" and the numerals look like they were filled on a sandwich dial to make it into a sausage dial.

Do you know where (or from whom) I could get a nice 005 dial (or a CP as a matter of fact)? Because they all seem to have similar faults.