When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Broken Radiomir

Gerrit

Hallo all,

I've got a little problem with my radiomir.

It stops running sometimes, if that happens it will start running in a few hours.

Also the stem( correct me if you don't cal this the stem) is broken.

When you screw it out to wind the watch, you can turn the wheel but nothing happens.

A photo of the watch.

105724-25136.jpg

And an photo of the stem.

105724-25137.jpg

So my question is, is it possible to fined a new stem, that fits the case and the movement.

And what's advisable to do with the movement, replace it or let it cleaned.

Edited by Gerrit

Unlikely that the stem is broken - it looks fine! I suspect the problem is that the stem release screw was not done up. Replace the stem and screw all the way in then tighten the little screw next to the stem tube on the movt to lock the stem in place. If nothing happens it could be that part of the keyless works has slipped out of place. This is an asian mvt so it could also be that one of the gears is faulty.

Unlikely that the stem is broken - it looks fine! I suspect the problem is that the stem release screw was not done up. Replace the stem and screw all the way in then tighten the little screw next to the stem tube on the movt to lock the stem in place. If nothing happens it could be that part of the keyless works has slipped out of place. This is an asian mvt so it could also be that one of the gears is faulty.

Thanks for your reply.

No doubt about it that the stem is broken, you can not see it on the picture.

In the stem of a radiomir there is a sort of clutch/locking mechanism,

the mechanism makes it possible that you can screw it in without winding the watch further.

That mechanism is broke, so i hope that i can find a new one.

Edited by Gerrit

Thanks for your reply.

No doubt about it that the stem is broken, you can not see it on the picture.

In the stem of a radiomir the is a sort of clutch/locking mechanism,

the mechanism makes it possible that you can screw it in without winding the watch further.

That mechanism is broke, so i hope that i can find a new one.

I still cannot see what you mean. That stem looks perfect. All it is is a square peg so I suspect there is something else wrong. If you want me to look at it for you I can fix it. Send me a PM.

I still cannot see what you mean. That stem looks perfect. All it is is a square peg so I suspect there is something else wrong. If you want me to look at it for you I can fix it. Send me a PM.

Sorry for my obscurity.

I'll try to explain one more time.

The problem is, when you turn the crown to wind the watch the square pag stays still.

So when you hold the square pag in your left hand and than try to turn the crown you will notice that the

crown turns around and the Axel with the square pag stays still.

It's so loose that you cant even adjust the time.

On the picture I've marked the location of the problem.

106122-25021.jpg

Edited by Gerrit

No, the crown and the stem are two different pieces, the stem simply screws into the crown, gluing the stem into the crown won't help, you need a replacement crown.

Is it difficult to fit a new crown on the old stem, and do you need special tools?

I am quite handy, but a newbie with watches.

Is it difficult to fit a new crown on the old stem, and do you need special tools?

I am quite handy, but a newbie with watches.

I just sent you a PM without reading these new posts. Get a new crown from Davidsen then all you need to do is unscrew the stem - it will be a little tight as it will have thread lock on it but it will come off - then screw the new crown on - dead simple!!