When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Phat crown for 127 based project

mastergod

Hi.

Here´s a rough sketch. Still working on the Kosmos Radium Fantasy project; now I´m happy with the design. The bastard son of contact between Mare Nostrum and a Black Seal Compass with 24 hrs dial. I think it will look good with a "Taikonaut compass" style strap. Build-wise: Things sure take time when one´s lack of competence demands simple solutions..

post-2870-125174163388_thumb.jpg

Anyway, I hope to use this 127 rep case without cg´s as a base. The slots where the cgs are normally screwed/mounted into the case will be filled, polished and finally the entire thing will be refinished with Grey Duracoat.

post-2870-125172681568_thumb.jpg

However I need a 6497-friendly replacement crown that´s twice the thickness of the regular fiddy crown. I´m hoping it wont be necessary to mod the crown tube, looking for a plug-and-play solution...

Does anyone know if its possible to simply swap the fiddy rep crown (asian 6497 GMT movement version from Militarytime) with a chunky, oversized crown???

Take a look at this RXW Prolex - that´s the crown/case dimension I´m looking for.

post-2870-125172676783_thumb.jpg

Thanks for any help.

MG

Why not use a crown from one of the 6497 based vintage PAMs? Those are pretty damn chunky. I'd vote for an onion crown for your piece (which looks very cool, BTW). I'd check out some of the 6497 crowns on ofrei, jules borel and even ebay..i remember a big pilot looking case set selling on ebay a while back for not a lot of money.

Why not use a crown from one of the 6497 based vintage PAMs? Those are pretty damn chunky. I'd vote for an onion crown for your piece (which looks very cool, BTW). I'd check out some of the 6497 crowns on ofrei, jules borel and even ebay..i remember a big pilot looking case set selling on ebay a while back for not a lot of money.

Thanks archibald. Not only for your input, also for being the one to answer at all! Sob.. heh.

Cheers, MG