When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Updated Dial Rose Gold Rubber Clad

I will be brief and get some quick pictures up for you guys and then discuss over all impressions when I have some more time. Excuse once again the camera phone and not using photobucket. I am late for a meeting :)

i will say this very quickly.... This is my third ROO and the impression of quality when I first open the box always hits me immediately. This is a super rep. We can discuss the flaws all we want and I am right up there with the rest of you some are more nit pickey than others. But in all seriousness this is amazing at first glance.

my biggest fear was the polish of the gold which really looks incredible. Actually I had a moment and thought, "jeez, maybe I can't wear this that THAT meeting because these guys will think I am loaded and I will get a shity deal!"

HAHA

All kidding aside, it's incredible..

More to discuss later...

please note the final pic is the GEN I tried to get the lighting even on all pics, it was hard!

post-18322-125174966952_thumb.jpg

post-18322-125174967971_thumb.jpg

post-18322-125174969264_thumb.jpg

post-18322-125174970685_thumb.jpg

post-18322-125174971676_thumb.jpg

post-18322-125174972689_thumb.jpg

post-18322-125175020203_thumb.jpg

post-18322-125175038655_thumb.jpg

Edited by goodfella0406

Looks very good. I'd also like to see it natural light.

Could you confirm the color around the numerals, is it black or does it match the dial color?

it matches....

however, what I am now noticing based on my own pics and I hate to be the one to depress myself but it would appear that the "tachymeter" ring around the dial is darker on the rep than on the GEN. This is not visible by the naked eye, but only as I stare at the close up pics...

the difference can not be seen with out a loop.

More to come

thanks guys

Edited by goodfella0406

Cool. Now I am just unable to make decision.

Rose Gold Rubberclad? Great but gold is not my first choice....

Rhone-Fusterie? Cool but I am not sure if red dial and red pushers match gen and 001 serial is a huge flaw...

New Safari? Still some flaws, hate the rep brown strap so I'd have to invest in a new strap immediately which can add like +$300 or more... to already pricey rep....

Black Themes? Seems like a perfect choice but I already had 2 Black Themes so it is kind of boring!

Aaaaaarghhhhh!

Cool. Now I am just unable to make decision.

Rose Gold Rubberclad? Great but gold is not my first choice....

Rhone-Fusterie? Cool but I am not sure if red dial and red pushers match gen and 001 serial is a huge flaw...

New Safari? Still some flaws, hate the rep brown strap so I'd have to invest in a new strap immediately which can add like +$300 or more... to already pricey rep....

Black Themes? Seems like a perfect choice but I already had 2 Black Themes so it is kind of boring!

Aaaaaarghhhhh!

My friend, the gold is such a wonderful and understated rose. It isn't "goldy", if you know what I mean. I was worried about that exact aspect. I dont wear any gold at all. This doesn't seem gold at all it seems super classy.

Of the watches you have described, honestly I would get this one. It is just beautiful. I love my silver rubber clad as well but there is really something special about this watch and upon further review the tachy dial is in line with the color, just the lighting that made it look darker..

I will take some natural light pics tomorrow and see how they come out.

I do like the updated Safari but yes that is an automatic GEN strap you would need to purchase.

What I did on this purchase was, i bought an extra rubber strap. My plan is to buy a GEN blue leather hornback at westime in beverly hills. Take the rubber and my SS Navy REP and switch it out as appolo did with his Volcano. Westime told me it would be 1400. for strap and buckle and conversion. strap only 500.00 so for 598.00 I am all set with a gen stap!

I will post the picks as soon as I put it all together.. oh yeah and buy the strap!

BTW it looks like gen tachy scale is also darker than dial:

ap_ofsh_rg2.jpg

WOW! Great find my friend... They really did a great job with this one... I have to admit, it is so good that I have really been careful about when and where I wear it...

Wearing (what appears to be) a 15k watch and wearing (what appears to be) a 30K WATCH! Is such a big difference!!!

ha! I love it...

Regardless, real, rep.. It doesn't matter it is VERY well made and just beautiful to look at..

I think the thing that would really set this apart is a proper lume job.

Obviously, I have heard that The Zigmeister is the best at this, yet I have been told "he doesn't like his information given out"

Is his true?

I would love to contact him to have this bad boy and my other rubber clad lumed

I think it is really the only immediate giveaway.

As I mentioned in a previous post about going to a friends house who had a GEN rubber clad on the the face was so bright..

Can anyone chime in here?

I feel like a kid left out