When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

And on the 8th day...

Merlin

all in all it's about 1.5k - including movement, repair and full service, strap, and all parts. the CG is standard for DSN 6152-1 case. work was for free, because I did it all myself ^_^ (excluding the service on the movement)

you certainly got magic hands not only in buying those components but also melting them together. I am sooo jealous. BTW i checked through your gallery of schoene uhren. That one is really amazing. Would you be interested in a trade for a GEN gold rolex cellini with a proper 1600 mechanical movement unlike the modern quartz cellinis. I have just got it serviced for 250 pounds including invoice. Alternatively, can you pinpoint me where I might be able to find one of those movements.

Fantastic project.

I must admit that this is the kind a masterpiece, that inspirate me to jump in, and try to do a project myself.

Unfortunatly i am at the bottom of the learning curve, when it comes to PAM, but seeing your work is a thrue motivation.

I hope to do an angelus project, one day, if can find one at decent price.

For now i'll start with cortebert.

@paneristi

If i got it right, this is the alarm version, wich is allredy hard and costy to get, but the non alarm is even more desirable, as it is the one they used for genuine PAM, but those seams almost impossible to find.

I have never seen one or sell (of course i may not know how to search properlly for those)

Fantastic work merlin

you certainly got magic hands not only in buying those components but also melting them together. I am sooo jealous. BTW i checked through your gallery of schoene uhren. That one is really amazing. Would you be interested in a trade for a GEN gold rolex cellini with a proper 1600 mechanical movement unlike the modern quartz cellinis. I have just got it serviced for 250 pounds including invoice. Alternatively, can you pinpoint me where I might be able to find one of those movements.

sorry, but at th moment I cannot imagine to let my grail watch go. as source I only can point you to ebay - then you need patience and money. or you're one of these lucky guys who find such a piece on an flea market, like a mate @ RG.

ok. :( is it possible to pm me the ebay link of the seller you got ur movement from. Might be able to contact him directly. I m still unsure you state that this movement is a sf 240 but which still look a bit different than to the PAM 203 abgelus. are there different designs of the same movement? I m not sure how to explain but your watch has one spare wheel more than the movement used in pam203. pls check out this link

http://www.watchuwant.com/watches/panerai-pam-203-angelus-8-days-1950-8-giorni-brevettato-47mm

ok. :( is it possible to pm me the ebay link of the seller you got ur movement from. Might be able to contact him directly. I m still unsure you state that this movement is a sf 240 but which still look a bit different than to the PAM 203 abgelus. are there different designs of the same movement? I m not sure how to explain but your watch has one spare wheel more than the movement used in pam203. pls check out this link

http://www.watchuwant.com/watches/panerai-pam-203-angelus-8-days-1950-8-giorni-brevettato-47mm

this is the SF240 but the alarm version, so it has some additional gears and so it looks a little bit different.

sf240.jpg

this is the SF240 but the alarm version, so it has some additional gears and so it looks a little bit different.

sf240.jpg

I found the angelus which is used in the gen pam 203 check this link. I contacted the seller but i know that he has alrady got a very high offer from another ebayer so i guess i will have to pass on this one.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260473090540&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I found the angelus which is used in the gen pam 203 check this link. I contacted the seller but i know that he has alrady got a very high offer from another ebayer so i guess i will have to pass on this one.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260473090540&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

wow - great find. non-alarm movement, half done project. nicely filled indexes on an nice ross dial. this will go up REALLY high!!

Edited by Merlin

wow - great find. non-alarm movement, half done project. nicely filled indexes on an nice ross dial. this will go up REALLY high!!

indeed. its currently on 444pounds but wont sell for less than 700 i suppose. really tempted but the whole project will cost around 1200 pounds upwards. hm... beside my sorrow is where to send this watch to service service in case i need it. I think is has the potential to be the best 203 rep so far. lets see i might change my mind and still gonna go for it but it will take me some time to recover and finish the project.

indeed. its currently on 444pounds but wont sell for less than 700 i suppose. really tempted but the whole project will cost around 1200 pounds upwards. hm... beside my sorrow is where to send this watch to service service in case i need it. I think is has the potential to be the best 203 rep so far. lets see i might change my mind and still gonna go for it but it will take me some time to recover and finish the project.

700?? :blink: ok, then I'd take 5 of them...

I think it will go up much more, if it stays online until the end - let's have a look the next days...

• 10 months later...