When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob with some Rolex Rep questions

jackedmax

Hi all,

I am new to the world of rep watches and want to start out with a Rolex for my first one. I have been reading and reading the last couple days. I would just like some feedback on which version of the Rolex is the best one in terms of quality replication and durability. I see some posts about reps that are time bombs and tend to self destruct. I don't want to take a chance with those. But I do want something that is near flawless in the rep department. I would only wear it maybe once a month.

Sorry if these are redundant questions, many thanks for replies in advance.

jm

Welcome. :good:

Check out Toad's guide. This is going to be a great spring board for you

Your question is sort've a running joke on the boards as you will see.

All 20,000 members start off with their first thread asking the same exact question you did.

I'll help you this time. You basically have 3 choices.

3 watches. 3 price ranges. WM9v2, noob, or ssd.

WM9v2 is the abbrev. for watchmaker9 Version2. Noob is noobmariner. SSD is super sea-dweller. Each has its own personality traits and tells.

Again, welcome. You just got way more help than most, so pay it forward. Once you figure out what all this stuff means and see the next newcomer come along, remember it used to be you! ;)

The only Rolex rep that is a potential time-bomb is the Daytona line and that is because of the movement which is modified with a few extra gears to put the seconds @ 6. You will find only few Daytona owners who have not had paperweights in their watch box at one time. Another watch that might be troublesome at times is the CHS (Correct Hand Stack) GMT. All other Rollies are technically pretty basic watches. What you should buy depends on your taste and budget. There are good Subs and SDs (of course), good Yachtmasters, the Millgauss is a good rep. The vintage Rollies usually require a few mods to be convincing...

Bottom line: Rolex is THE most copied brand of all watches, so the choice is yours..