When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex GMT Masters Ceramic..Any changes since 2008?

collector

I had asked for a member to recommend a good dealer for a GMT Masters ceramic, By-Tor was kind enough to direct me to his awesome review of the GMT Masters that he wrote back in the summer of 2008, I have decided to order from PT as he seems to have a good track record, my question is, even though the watch reviewed in 08 seems formidable, has there been any changes made to the GMT or corrections since last summer that are worth mentioning? I would like to have any feedback by members, I cant wait to place my order and make any mods if needed, I have heard it is good enough out of the box as it is.

Kind Regards.

Collector

I have the GMT IIc from PT, the swiss ETA version. It's a great quality and no modds are necessary although I don't mean this rep is perfect. The flaws are: 1. Of course, the WHS but there is nothing to do about it,It's the more reliable movement, mine works perfectly. 2. The absence of AR on the cyclop, this is also problematic to mod. Some members tried, I think with no success, 3. The markers on the full ceramic bezel insert are grayish and not the same white colour as the hour markers and hands. This flaw bugs me most, I think it's not possible to find a better aftermarket insert (one version is sold on ebay for ~ $100, I am not sure about the quality), 4. The gap between the SEL and the bracelet is too big and this flaw is also quite recognizable, but a minor one, IMO. 5. The rolexrolex rehaut engraving does not exactly match the hour markers at 9 and 3, although in the PT version it is quite close, but this is hard to recognize by the naked eye. 6. The engraving in the inner side of the clasp is faint, but this can't be seen when you wear the watch. Maybe I forgot some other very minor flaws.

To summarize, this is one of the best rolex reps, and a very good value for the money, especially when you buy the swiss ETA. i would not go for cheeper versions. I think PT sells only the best (and more expensive) version but IMO this is the one to go. With the full ceramic insert this watch is very impressive and really feels like gen.