When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Floppy Panerai Lever? Well, No More . . .

I just received a 111H in the mail with the new fancy CDG movement and working swan neck - very nice (more on that later after I buy a new digicam). Anyway, the watch is great, but had the usual floppy lever problem.

So, I removed the CG, removed the pivot pin and disassembled the lever from the CG. I cut a 4-5mm length of caseback rubber gasket and inserted it into the lever hole. Then, I reassembled everything, making sure the pin was flush with the CG. I wiped the top of the CG with fine grit sand paper so that the pin and the top surface of the CG had the same brush finish. And, presto, no more recessed pivot pin AND no more floppy lever!!! Total time to fix: 5 minutes. Let the floppy lever jokes begin . . .

I just received a 111H in the mail with the new fancy CDG movement and working swan neck - very nice (more on that later after I buy a new digicam). Anyway, the watch is great, but had the usual floppy lever problem.

So, I removed the CG, removed the pivot pin and disassembled the lever from the CG. I cut a 4-5mm length of caseback rubber gasket and inserted it into the lever hole. Then, I reassembled everything, making sure the pin was flush with the CG. I wiped the top of the CG with fine grit sand paper so that the pin and the top surface of the CG had the same brush finish. And, presto, no more recessed pivot pin AND no more floppy lever!!! Total time to fix: 5 minutes. Let the floppy lever jokes begin . . .

Thanks for the tip. Pardon my ignorance, but what did you use to remove the pivot pin?

-- M

A new (thicker) crown should do the trick too especially one with a spring in the tube.

It is the only thing (crown and lever) that make me not buying a new Panerai replica.

Replicas have improve the movement and others things, but still the problem of the crown remains on the new reps...

So i keep my 111 and wait a new generation of replica with good crown and lever !

It is the only thing (crown and lever) that make me not buying a new Panerai replica.

Replicas have improve the movement and others things, but still the problem of the crown remains on the new reps... So i keep my 111 and wait a new generation of replica with good crown and lever !

A Palpatine or Lello crown, floppy lever fix as described above, and a little shaving of the cam end of the lever to accomodate the thicker Palpatine or Lello crown goes a long way toward making your 111H look convincing on the wrist.