When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Want to get my feet wet with Pam...so confused help!

OmegaSeamasterguy

After looking through all the posts I am still confused which dealer to go with for my first Pam rep. I know that I will not do any mods but want a decent reliable rep. I am more into the Marina type models with CG. Looking on PC's site can you tell me the difference between the $100+ and a $400+ Pam 104? I mean there are 3 or 4 price points for the 104 watch..sooooo confusing for a noob. Are the fonts/spacing/mag off, CG not tight or flush?, cannon pin not correct? Someone please shed some light. For 400+ do you get a near perfect Pam 104? If you wanted just to get your feet wet with a nice out of the box Pam maybe a 112, 000 or 005 which one would you get? Say spend $300 usd (or cheaper if there is better deal) From which Cartel? Someone suggested the PC 112h which is fairly affordable at 100+...whats wrong with it? (Cannon pin, CG not flush..thats all i see)..is this watch actually so much inferior to the DSN 112 version? I think I am looking for a new (no scratches or stripped screws), reliable, correct font, good CG, cannon pin fixed from a reputable dealer who QC's..for around $300. Is this possible?

Thx

D

The PC/TT Autos are expensive but with good date fonts and cyclopes as far as I know and look the part, DSN cheaper and better lume weaker font, My DSN 229 auto like 104 is a great watch. CP may bug you, but i have a few without 207a/003/022 really not an issue but for some a little cp is too much to take. DSN has great lume out of the box, PP/TT easier to buy from. I'd start with a cheaper version to see if I'd like , you'll want a new strap though DSN's are of better quality.

If the bug bites then it don't really matter cos you'll be ordering more of the blighter's anyway.

Go with what you like thats the best you can do

ST4

The PC/TT Autos are expensive but with good date fonts and cyclopes as far as I know and look the part, DSN cheaper and better lume weaker font, My DSN 229 auto like 104 is a great watch. CP may bug you, but i have a few without 207a/003/022 really not an issue but for some a little cp is too much to take. DSN has great lume out of the box, PP/TT easier to buy from. I'd start with a cheaper version to see if I'd like , you'll want a new strap though DSN's are of better quality.

If the bug bites then it don't really matter cos you'll be ordering more of the blighter's anyway.

ST4

Thanks for the information. So for the 104 PerfectC= TrustyT= PureT= PreciousT are they all the same watch? The strap is no big issue for me..I really dont mind spending a bit more if the watch is an ultimate pam. Do you think the ultimate "Best version" 104 is worth it from the cartel's? Also are these watches actually water resistant to 50m Thanks again

D

ST4

Also who is PP? :mellow:

D I'm not the best person to ask here, perhaps someone who has a cartel auto can offer up their opinion.

PP should of been PC. I personally think the Ultimates are a bit expensive when compared to a DSN version.

It might only be $100 or so but you could put that towards a good strap.

I'm sure there's a comparison somewhere on the 229 firenzes that give a good indication of what the 104's will be like.

I guess TT-PC-PT's versions are pretty much the same. Perhaps you can ask if they will come down on the price.

ST4