When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1675 love

JoJo35

I've finally gotten around to taking some pictures of my dad's 1675. He bought it at an estate sale some 30 years ago. It's a 2,1xx,xxx serial, so I date it somewhere between 1966 and 1967, the guys here probably can verify that. The crystal and bezel are aftermarket, and the bracelet is a gen replacement, but everything else is original...I think some of the members here will enjoy the patina :thumbsupsmileyanim:

DSC_0008-2.jpg

Your dad has a beauty there, clearly seen some 'action' judging by the case, but some people like 'em like that.

I'm also not so sure that's an aftermarket crystal, not a recent one anyway - has that very distinctive blur to the cyclops, usually seen on old and thus original T116s.

Yep, I bought that "mini" dial GMT as an investment and it paid off, I've doubled my money in under 3 years. I love it, but it's never put down roots in my heart... that spot's already taken :wub: Dems knows what I mean.

So off she goes, in trade for a very, very fine hunk of firewood. Naught but kindling, but I like it. Again, an investment but I'm gonna play the hide off it! :tu:

Reminds me of a quote from a favourite film...

"Hang on tightly, let go lightly..."

Your dad has a beauty there, clearly seen some 'action' judging by the case, but some people like 'em like that.

I'm also not so sure that's an aftermarket crystal, not a recent one anyway - has that very distinctive blur to the cyclops, usually seen on old and thus original T116s.

Yeah, he's an aircraft/automotive mechanic and he rarely removes the watch to do any work...it's definitely been well used...as for the crystal, I am not sure where he buys them...I'll have to check with him...what should the crystal be?