When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Owner Of Watches With The New Asia 7750-movement

Uhrenfreund25

How do u know if your watch has the new or old 7750?

I just ordered a IWC GST ti from EL, and im thinking its the same stock as was on sale In march...

Would this be a new or old 7750?

Thanks guys!

That's a new 28,000 bph 7750. The new one does not have the balance adjuster scale and pointer on the balance arm.

New 7750

107319-24702.jpg

Old 7750

107319-24703.jpg

dude!thanks for the quick reply!

does the b/b1 just mean it has date capabilities?

I'm not sure and I'm certainly no expert here but don't expect there to be a lot of grass roots engineering in the replica watch world. The Chinese make the best of just a few base movements and their variants are accomplished with some quick and dirty short cuts. The asian 7750 in it's current incarnation is day and date capible. I think there is probably a day wheel under the dial of my date only Tag Link Chrono and the dial, not the movement, determines how much is displayed. The dial arangement on an ETA 7753 movement is replicated by taking the existing 7750 copy and using transfer gears to move the minute counter dial to the 3 oclock position from the 12 oclock spot. There was no need to replicate a 7753 from the ground up, just a quick and dirty change to the base chrono caliber. I don't know if the old 7750 was day capible. I can't think of any reps powered by it that displayed both.

Olso i dont think that a newer version of a 7750 replica has to be more reliable than the old one.

Of course the movement itself is, but that dont mean the watch you get has to be, since you can have lot of trouble with the way the movemnt is handled at the "factory" during casing.

movement are not allaways cased in a place we would call a factory ...

For example my omega SMP stoped 2 day after i recived it, and it was a swiss movement, because the part that fixed it to the retention ring were to small, so they actually puted 2 little metal plate with just one screwed over the second one ..

So a few day later the second one had gone loose and was freely moving in the case until it falled into the balance, blocking the palet.

I had to open the watch and fix that.

that the kind of trouble caused by lack of QC that you can get with any quality of movement.

It was running for about 4 days then it stopped working at about 6:10pm.

You're lucky dude... my new Bentley Gt ran for just over 24 hours and then it died... due to some spring connection between the chrono secs and secs @ 9 breaking and my dial collapsing inwards... :black_eye::black_eye: Got my regular watchsmith to repair it and it's ALIVE again!! :yeah::yeah:

Basically, it's mostly QC issues (during the manufacture & installation of the movt), otherwise, this new Asian 7750 should run great... :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hi there!

The new Asia 7750 movement (28,800bph) seems to be more reliable than the old Asia 7750.

I have a Bentley GT, Navitimer , and Tag all with the new 28k 7750. All work flawless. Just remember (1)when setting date adjust time so it's not between 9pm to 2am, I always use 4:30. (2) Don't depress the pusher for reset if chrono running. (3)Don't depress reset if you didn't start chrono.

This is what I was told and it always works for me. Hope this helps some of you.

JKTOWN

• 3 weeks later...

[Hello. My name's Enrico. I was really impressed about your skillness. The reply on ASIA 7750 is great! So, I hope that can give me a kind suggestion. I received a Daytona asia 7750. It works only on the wrist. If you take it down on the table it will stop in 30 minutes. A good watchmaker here destuffed it all and made full maintenance with no result. Can you help me to understand where the problem is? If it is necessary to substitute something in the movement. If yes, with what? Here he can not find asia pieces. I paid the watch 200 euro. If it can not be repaired, where to find a new movement for cheap?

Many many thanks my friend

Hello. My name's Enrico. I was really impressed about your skillness. The reply on ASIA 7750 is great! So, I hope that can give me a kind suggestion. I received a Daytona asia 7750. It works only on the wrist. If you take it down on the table it will stop in 30 minutes. A good watchmaker here destuffed it all and made full maintenance with no result. Can you help me to understand where the problem is? If it is necessary to substitute something in the movement. If yes, with what? Here he can not find asia pieces. I paid the watch 200 euro. If it can not be repaired, where to find a new movement for cheap?

who's, where is The Zigmeister?

Hello. My name's Enrico. I was really impressed about your skillness. The reply on ASIA 7750 is great! So, I hope that can give me a kind suggestion. I received a Daytona asia 7750. It works only on the wrist. If you take it down on the table it will stop in 30 minutes. A good watchmaker here destuffed it all and made full maintenance with no result. Can you help me to understand where the problem is? If it is necessary to substitute something in the movement. If yes, with what? Here he can not find asia pieces. I paid the watch 200 euro. If it can not be repaired, where to find a new movement for cheap? To who send it for repair and FOR HOW MUCH MONEY?

WHO'W WHERE The Zigmeister?

I ordered a Bentley GT from Joshua. Gorgeous watch. First one had a date wheel problem, probably happened in shipping. Joshua, good guy that he is, sent me another right away. It's fully serviced, he has his watchsmith take it apart, take all the dirt and shavings out of it, relube it, calibrate it and seals it to be water resistant to 5 ATM. A bit pricey, but I think well worth it. So far the watch is dead-on with time. As complex as the 7750 is, it's a good idea to have it serviced.

Now I gotta ask him about relume, if that can be done on future watches.