When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How are the new Datejust II 41mm compared to the gen? Way off or a quit good rep?

concepta

Hey brothas & sistas.

How is the new Datejust II 41 mm compared to the gen? Is it a good rep?

I saw the real deal at my Rolex AD and it looks really good IRL.

Experts..please chime in!

4f85bb96ee73900d8233ca152e716b9f.image.750x498.jpg

I don't know the gen well enough to say if it's a good rep or not, but it looks like a nice watch in its own right, I'd say go for it :good:

One flaw is that Rolex hasn't released the DJII with a jubilee band yet. It is only available in oyster. Jubilee is next year. Also it is only available with a fluted bezel not smooth. One thing that upsets me with alot of DD and DJ reps is the clasp. The jubilee and president clasp should be spring loaded with a latch attached to the coronet. Some versions have this feature some just snap shut. The oyster models have the proper clasp for the most part.

I am partial to the two tone date just II with the fluted bezel and jubilee band. I am waiting for a version with the proper clasp and wrapped midlinks. All the ones available now are plated and you can see the steel on the side of the links. This really bothers me.

• 2 weeks later...