When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

help with PR on A7750 VAL - only getting 8 hrs

malfa

i bought a Chopard Mille Miglia GTXL Chrono 2007 Grey LE A.7750 Valjoux Automatic, 28,800bph from a fellow geek. The watch seems to keep time well, but if i wear it all day, and put it down at night it will stop working after 7 hrs. it wont even last the night wrt PR.

I read a post from The Zigmeister stating that sometimes after a watch has been sitting for a while to wind it up in order to get the oil moving etc

if i wind the watch up about 25 turns, the watch will hold power for about 20 hrs after putting it down. I beleive the expected PR for the a7750 is 36 hrs.

Either way, the watch should be able to hold power for more than 7 hrs after wearing it all day with NO winding at all.

Anyone have any insight regarding this matter? could this be a sign the movement needs servicing? if so which servicing would u suggest?

malfa is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

Automatic watches are powered by the movements of your wrist. Alot of us modern desk jockeys are just not sufficiently active to keep a watch's mainspring fully wound. Try manually winding the watch 40 turns & then set the watch down (face up) on a table & leaving it, untouched, for about 36 hours. If the watch is still running at 36 hours, then you just need to get more exercise (with your watch). If it stops much before that, then the watch may be due for its regular (every 5-7 year) service (cleaning, oiling).