When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Link (CJF211A) Calibre 16 Day/Date

The Doctor

Here is what the original looks like :

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001U3 ... d_i=507846

Attached is an on the fly pic of mine. The lighting gives the innards a gold hue, its actually plain chrome.

An automatic, very clean sweep.

The sec's dial at 9 o'clock does not do a full sweep when I set the button. Instead it jumps to 2 - 4 - 6 - 8 - 10 - 12 for every press.

Busted movement or.. ?

post-25077-125408547979_thumb.jpg

What you have is what is commonly known as a "Faux Chrono" watch with a 21J asian movement most likely. In other words, the chrono sub-dials do not function as a read stop watch, rather they can be manually set to show the day/date and 24 hour time.

On a real chrono watch (usually one that has a A7750 or similar movement), the large seconds hand is normally stopped at 12:00, and it goes in motion only when you start the stop watch with the pusher at 2:00, and can be rest with the pusher at 4:00. The small seconds sub-dial at 9:00 is the one that is constantly running (hence the running seconds @ 9).

Edited by Dudemeister

What you have is what is commonly known as a "Faux Chrono" watch with a 21J asian movement most likely. In other words, the chrono sub-dials do not function as a read stop watch, rather they can be manually set to show the day/date and 24 hour time.

On a real chrono watch (usually one that has a A7750 or similar movement), the large seconds hand is normally stopped at 12:00, and it goes in motion only when you start the stop watch with the pusher at 2:00, and can be rest with the pusher at 4:00. The small seconds sub-dial at 9:00 is the one that is constantly running (hence the running seconds @ 9).

Thanks 'dude' !!

Im a noob in the world of reps and watches in general. Started reading last night on movements at another forum and soon enough the birds were chirping and sun shining!!

This one is an automatic, pretty clean sweep atleast to my noob eye and compared to some gen's Iv seen. Only someone with a keen eye and hobby would be able to tell the sweep upon examination.

The day/date and 24 hour counters are doing a top job.. the 9&12 dials are the dummys.

Still a 7750 virgin, im loving this 21j for the moment, lets see where the road takes me... only 'time' will tell, hehe.