When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

036 advice

Drulee

I picked up a PAM 036 with the DSN dial pictured below (Tritium markings). I know he was trying to go for the aged look, but I hate the colour and frankly, if it where a gen, I'd be reluming or selling it. I understand The Zigmeister has a special mixture for this series, but haven't seen a pic of what it looks like. So does anyone have any pics of this dial relumed, and what colour would the Tritium lume look like after ten years?

DSCF4091.jpg

That looks great, so it is sort of an off white now? Any lume shots? :)

I'm about to send my 082 to him, so I may include this one as well.

EDIT: oh, wait a second didn't you have that up for sale very recently on RG? Didn't realize it was Zig lumed. Yes it was yours, and I saw the lume shots, very nice - off to The Zigmeister then :D

That looks great, so it is sort of an off white now? Any lume shots? :)

I'm about to send my 082 to him, so I may include this one as well.

EDIT: oh, wait a second didn't you have that up for sale very recently on RG? Didn't realize it was Zig lumed. Yes it was yours, and I saw the lume shots, very nice - off to The Zigmeister then :D

just for reference ;)

IMG_2967.jpg

IMG_2959.jpg

the lume color was a creamy off-white/tan color which looked like pretty spot-on for pre-aged tritium and yes...The Zigmeister is the man!

i'd definitely have him have a go at both of those beautiful dials :D

Here's mine.

Lumed by The Zigmeister with different lume colour tone on the dial and hands per gen.

3124407571_317263e758.jpg

3124409369_dd9eaf75a6.jpg

3124491719_3dea292bbc.jpg

about to send to Zig as well, it looks smooth in the photos, but can you confirm that the LUME is applied very smoothly and that the LUME glow is nice and uniform in each marking?

about to send to Zig as well, it looks smooth in the photos, but can you confirm that the LUME is applied very smoothly and that the LUME glow is nice and uniform in each marking?

The lume were evenly applied. This job require super steady hands. The Zigmeister is the best IMO and highly recommended.

The Zigmeister's aged lume glow is uniform but weak and so is the gen as the lume is probably 10 years old or more, the lume will not glow so brightly.

If you are after a PAM036, you may also want The Zigmeister to convert the "L swiss L" into "T swiss T".

For the display movement, swapped out the original matt gears and replaced with sunburst gears.

;)

My dial already has the "T SWISS T", so luckily I don't need that done. But I'm definitely getting the lume done by him. Just waiting until I've finished assembling my 082, so I can send it too - and my DSN 089 probably. The reason for sending the DSN is because The Zigmeister's application is so much better and more uniform than Davidsen's latest dials.