When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer Day and Date- review

praetor

Introduction

This is my first replica watch, thanks RWG! I bought this at Josh for about 350 including shipping.

And being a student that doesn't even own an mp3 player, this is one big purchase;I probably won't

buy another rep until next year. But compared to the watches I found in ShenZhen, my Tag Heuer was a big

improvement. I was hunting for an Omega SMP rep and found that they have crappy dials, low beat movements,

super greenish lume,wrong CG, but surprisingly aligned bezels.

The Review

Josh's website claimed that they made this watch with genuine as sample and this is questionable. If you compare

the Gen and rep side by side there's some noticeable differences.

upl4.jpg

jomashop_2071_116898791.jpg

1) Notice the subdial rings in the 12 o'clock position and in the 6 o'clock. The colour of the rep's ring is black to almost dark blue

whereas the gen is light gray.

2) There are concentric circles in the subdials themselves, where there are none on the gen

3) One of the inner rings in the gen is painted, where the rep in the inner ring is polished (correct for the black dial version)

4) The numerals (I've seen the gen in person) is matte titanium-ish colour. The rep is polished stainless steel.

5) The date window is darker.

6) The Tag Heuer badge doesn't have an arrow on the "G" on the rep

7) Notice there's an extra marking in the Bezel, in between the "Tachymetre" and 60. (no extra mark on the black dial version)

8) THE REP STRAP SUCKS ASS. It's stiff, fake-looking and just plain bad.

9) If you look at my pictures below, the rep dial is gray 90% of the time depending on the type of light (sunlight is best for a white dial), since the dial is like a diffused mirror. But in the Gen, it looks like that white in the pic, pure awsomeness..

10)They used blue screws for the movement, it should be silver.

11)The crown is not screw down as advertised.

12) they engraved my serial # above the words "crystal", where it should be above the word "carrera".

13) I want my money back and buy that SMP from silix

OK, so you're probably desperate to see the pics: well here you go:

upl2.jpg

caption: 90% of the time!!! especially in TTC subway light. (self note: change strap)

upl3.jpg

caption: When the dial is grey 90% of the time, my desk light adds a yellow tint to the dial 45% of the time.

upl1.jpg

caption: The white elusive dial, but it's still grayish in my eye, the camera made it look that way! It's only in the sunlight where it's possible. Why is white dial so good? because it's elegant, and it's something that you just want to staaaare at for hours. Whereas silver is distracting and if it's yellowish, it's something you want to throw away.

Oh and one more pic:

upl5.jpg

caption: how I wish my strap looks like, and I also like how the screws are non-cheesy blue

If only the dial looks white 90% of the time, I'd be happy. The rest are minor cosmetic details, They actually got the design of the watch absolutely perfect if you don't consider the font, the badge and the bezel. Well anyways Thanks for reading, I just feel like I had to say

something before the next guy buys this watch thinking "OMG 95% GEN like!", it's more like 75%! The black version on the other hand, is 85%

Edited by praetor