When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A7750, strange problem....

pollux1

My Slevin has developed a fault, I have searched everywhere and can't seem to find any info on this particular problem. The chrono had been running for a few hours without me knowing, I must have hit it against something.

Now the chrono doesn't seem to be working, the seconds run at nine until the chrono is engaged then it stops, the chrono hand at twelve goes back to 55 on the dial then seems to stutter for a few seconds then stops completely. Also the chrono will not reset to the proper start position either. Guys ANY help is most sincerely appreciated.

In some (relatively rare) cases, the chrono wheels can get out of alignment. This can sometimes be fixed by stopping, resetting & re-starting the chrono & letting it run for a few minutes. If the chrono works, then stop & reset it & see if the watch runs.

Also, try pulling the crown out & manually running the watch through a complete 24-hour cycle. Check again.

If both of the above fail, it is time to see the watchmaker.

I haven't heard about this problem before, but seems like you need to find a repfriendly watchmaker for a check-up, might not be all to good to keep it running in a defect state... You can also contact your dealer and ask if they can have it fixed for you... as in cases like these "we" would normally fix it for our clients as to have it fixed from the source (china) is much easier and spare parts are available at the factory if needed.

As if you send it to local repair guy, sometimes they will attempt something, then they need parts which they may not have, then they say they cant do it, then you ship it back to China... the dealer brings it to the factory, the factory says... you opened it and tangled with it... not our problem! Then you are stuck... so do ask your dealer how to go about it.

There is a small "U" shaped spring that moves the tilting pinion into the center seconds gear. I have seen this spring fall out or get out of place.

If this is what has happened, best to not wind it or use it until you can take the caseback off and have a look inside. It could be something else but impossible to say without seeing the movement.

Time for a visit with your favorite watchsmith.

There is a small "U" shaped spring that moves the tilting pinion into the center seconds gear. I have seen this spring fall out or get out of place.

If this is what has happened, best to not wind it or use it until you can take the caseback off and have a look inside. It could be something else but impossible to say without seeing the movement.

Time for a visit with your favorite watchsmith.

That would be you Sir! I will contact the collector I bought it from and see if he wishes to have me return it to him first, if not then I'll send you an email and try to book a slot in the future, thank you EVERYONE for your input. I must say it was refreshing having Chris (ETMZ) commenting, I do like that extra mile he always gives.

Also note that sometimes repairing it, may be more costly then completely replacing it... sometimes the dealer will charge little fee sometimes not(at the factory) it might also be faster as in some cases good watchmakers (e.g The Zigmeister) are fully booked.

Thanks I'm Pollux for the nice reply, we are def back and I'm here to stay... try to help out the best that I can :D