When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hmmm, how 'bout "Super Sub"?

jmb

OK, it didn't seem people were overwhelmed with my "Super ColaMariner" so I dug into the parts box and came up with a Sub "maxi-dial" and stuffed that one into the "super incorrect DSSD" and produced the imaginary "Super Submariner". This one looks a bit more believable and I was even brave enough to wear it out in public the other day.

SS2_sm.JPG

SS3_sm.JPG

SS4_sm.JPG

SS6_sm.JPG

I always try to have fun!

I always try to have fun!

Have you tried 'girls'? :)

No, seriously, I like the fantasy Subs A LOT. I missed your Cola Mariner post. I like the Harley Davidson and Playboy models too. Back in '04 we would order 'Super Subs' from Eddie Lee.

SuperSub.jpg

Basically an LV with a black insert. Oh, and, dreadnought crown guards. They were extra. :lol:

Nice looking watch! I thought about welding in the He valve, grinding, and polishing so it would look like just a Sub case on steroids but TeeJay talked me into leaving the valve in place. I'm glad he did as I'm basically a lazy ba$tard (besides being a cheap ba$tard) and that would have been a lot of work! Plus, it's kinda growing on me... ;) Oh, been married for 33 years so I gave up "girls" a long time ago!! :rofl:

Oh, Demsey, here's the Super ColaMariner:

Oh, Demsey, here's the Super ColaMariner:

Not bad! Like the '69 Plymouth Road Runner. So aesthetically bereft it's awesome! I was pleasantly surprised to see it was something more than those hideous red dial/insert Cola Mariners. Your dial looks more like the watch that started all the 'Cola Mariner' lore hence the replica:

The Rolex "Prince" 1/4 Century Club Commemorative:

200505131840080_SV400539.jpg

This awta get TJ thinking. :)

But those Road Runners were fast for their day...

I know what you mean about the red dials. Most of the "rare Coca Cola commemoratives" I've seen had the red dials and they didn't do much for me. I saw this dial and something just made me get it - and, I don't even drink Coke! The 1/4 Century Club model looks pretty classy, to classy for me.

Yeah! I'm gonna start calling TeeJay Dr. Frankenstein! But, I feel I have a kindred spirit on the board so I don't feel as lonesome as I once did...