When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai 1950 - advice

skullsoldier

Hey, guys - I'm relatively new to the RWG, but have gone full-tilt crazy for panerais with a specific emphasis on their larger cases. Though I originally got into the brand after buying a gen 111, my wrist size and tastes keep bringing me back to the classic 1950 design. There's just something about that domed crystal and 47mm case that works for me right now. I bought a rep from another member recently as a test shot to see how it would wear, and, in spite of not having the fully decorated movement, I fell in love with this timepiece...which brings me to my question: I'm looking for the most accurate "fiddy" out there with minimal need for mods (though I am willing to have some done). I'm leaning heavily towards the Davidson, but wanted some input before I plunked down the cash. All advice is appreciated and thanks in advance for welcoming me to this fabulous hobby!

Scott

welcome on board! From what I have read in different forums Davidsen and Robert (Prestigewatchco) is the best address to purchase a fiddy. THough Davidsen is more dear with a price tag of $460 vs $299. The major difference is the movement. Rob only got one with an asian movement but at this price its steal. If you want to get it from ROb you need to be quick as they are limited to less than 20 watches per batch. I recommend you to use the search function by putting in keywords like pam127 fiddy 1950 etc. Good luck