When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Marina Militare Brevet

leitztozeiss

Just received this from cwai02 (thanks!). The strap is an HK Tan distressed black, which btw is a very cool strap. I highly recommend it. I just ordered the newest Davidsen vintage crystal with tall sides and domed top. Davidsen also offers a domed display back crystal - I may order that also. You can CLICK HERE to read more about the Davidsen crystals.

I'm about 90% sure that this will be the watch to receive the Cortebert 616 movement. I was surprised to find that my particular MM has a screw down crown - I thought these were push/pull with a gasket. Anyone else here have this watch? Is yours screw down also?

107869-24644.jpg

Sssshhhh - yes it does fit!! Not perfect but it does work. Better is to have the Cort stem re-threaded down to fit the crown but not essential.

Thanks Mark. But, does the original Cortebert pocket watch stem accomodate the movement of the crown as it is screwed down toward the case? The pocket watch only has the two positions - winding and time setting. The pocket watch doesn't have a screw down crown, so I've assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that the step wouldn't work because of this. Does this make sense, what I'm concerned about?

Thanks Mark. But, does the original Cortebert pocket watch stem accomodate the movement of the crown as it is screwed down toward the case? The pocket watch only has the two positions - winding and time setting. The pocket watch doesn't have a screw down crown, so I've assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that the step wouldn't work because of this. Does this make sense, what I'm concerned about?

The crown is sprung which allows for the movement. I have used the rep Molnija stem directly in the 616 in my latest project and it works fine. I admit it was an accidental discovery as my last 616 conversion I had the Cort stem re-threaded for the winding crown and this time I only fitted the Moly stem temporarily but was suprised to see that it worked perfectly. The stems are not identical but it will work.

The crown is sprung which allows for the movement. I have used the rep Molnija stem directly in the 616 in my latest project and it works fine. I admit it was an accidental discovery as my last 616 conversion I had the Cort stem re-threaded for the winding crown and this time I only fitted the Moly stem temporarily but was suprised to see that it worked perfectly. The stems are not identical but it will work.

Perfect. Thanks Mark!