When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Will a rep dial fit on a gen ROO movment?

indyberetta

I was wondering if a rep dial would fit a gen movement or if the date spacing would be incorrect? I guess there would be a problem also with the fitment in the rep case too?

I have a chance to get a gen ROO movement at a decent price. I understand that the 7750 movement is the same size as the AP movement, but I guess the stem and chrono buttons would be in different places?

Anyone ever attempt this conversion?

Is the MBW vs Cartel cases any different?

A rep dial is unlikely to fit on a gen movement given that the sub-dial spacing and date sizing and placement has to be identical. I have never bothered trying the rep dial though because the chrono holes have to match up identically with the movement and there is no way you can achieve the identical spacing with a 7750 based movement. Even with a gen dial and movement you would have to plug up the original crown hole and redrill a new one in the case itself to deal with the offset pushers. I know this from having done this project with gen dial and appropriate movement.