When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Changing Placement Of Cyclop

Zen5

Hi,

I tried the search function without success, but I am sure it's been discussed...

I am trying to swap movement of one rolex replica to the next, and I realized between the 2 versions, they moved the location of the date wheel. Now the cyclop does not line up with the date window location.

Can the cyclop be removed and re-glued to the new location? What is the solvent and what is the glue to do this?

Thank you.

Good question, I know that the cylops can be removed and reglued but am not quite sure which glue is used...I'm curious myself. For cyclops removal, I've heard a little heat and a razor blade will do the trick though I have not tried it yet so maybe some of the experts can confirm this.

I had the same dilemma, and I tried to remove the cyclops... it was impossible without damaging the crystal.

The genuine version should be further inside than some reps. Some reps have the cyclops in the correct spot--they tend to use the glue-on date overlay discs that are usually mis-centered.

If you get a replacement glass, it may not have the cyclops in the correct spot either, and unfortunately it may be difficult to find a sapphire crystal that is that tick and bevelled.

You can purchase the cyclops separately (good luck finding one with the correct magnification see The Zigmeister's dilemma doing the exact thing here http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=1415 ) and glue it in with the UV cement.

Regarding the UV cement you don't need a UV light, and can simply go outside on a sunny day and cure it with the sunlight in a couple of minutes. Good luck!

• 3 months later...
I had the same dilemma, and I tried to remove the cyclops... it was impossible without damaging the crystal.

The genuine version should be further inside than some reps. Some reps have the cyclops in the correct spot--they tend to use the glue-on date overlay discs that are usually mis-centered.

If you get a replacement glass, it may not have the cyclops in the correct spot either, and unfortunately it may be difficult to find a sapphire crystal that is that tick and bevelled.

You can purchase the cyclops separately (good luck finding one with the correct magnification see The Zigmeister's dilemma doing the exact thing here http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=1415 ) and glue it in with the UV cement.

Regarding the UV cement you don't need a UV light, and can simply go outside on a sunny day and cure it with the sunlight in a couple of minutes. Good luck!

Does the excess glue come off by a razor blade easily after curing?

• 4 weeks later...