When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Esembl-O-Graf Chronograph Repair Course

Toadtorrent

Has anybody seen this:

"The ESEMBLO-GRAF series, originally produced in 1949, is a complete set of volumes detailing with clear and concise directions the disassembly, reassembly and servicing of many of what were (and to some extent still are) the most popular and complicated chronographs. Volume 24 "Chronograph Repairing: Functional Adjustments to the Chronograph Mechanism" was the perhaps the most important of the entire series."

It's sold HERE

Or...via subscription HERE.

Is it worth looking at?? Does anybody have it? ;)

Haven't seen this one before.

24 volumes dedicated to chronograph's is quite the libary, just not sure how practical the information would be on a daily basis.

Other than an El Primero, the V23 and V72, the Omega 861/1861, and of course the 7750, I am not sure what other chrono you would ever run accross...

All chrono's basically come apart and go together the same way, and the adjustments are virtually the same. If you can service and adjust a V23 and a 7750, then you have the skill and knowledge to do them all, just like a car engine is basically the same on a Ferrari or a Yugo, once you know how one works, you can figure out the rest.

You could get the CD from Offshore, it has all the Omega models listed, and you can download some from various sites on the web, Chuck Maddox comes to mind.

If your looking for a reference set to simply have in hand, this is probably nice addition to your library.

I've got a hard copy of Volume 7, which covers the Valjoux 23. It's been a fantastic reference when working on the Valjoux 72s in my Daytonas. You might want to check with freddy333, as I believe he has a complete set.

I like the electronic versions for ease of assembly. I'm a technical information [censored]...so like to have lots of this stuff on hand. I have reference manuals and catalogues going back 20 years...maybe that's why our house is "small"...the stuff is large.

I'm finding that the principles of operation seem to apply to all movements as Zig has said. Variances being open heart vs. column wheel...manual wind vs. auto...so get the basics and you'll be covered.

It's kind of neat though with all the diagrams...

I saw an old torrent of it...I'll have to see if I can find it when I get home.

That Joseph Watches website looks pretty cool Toad. Seems to have everything you could ever want to know. And for $49 euro a year, could be invaluable. I clicked on the "Caliber Database" and the screenshot had a shot of an IWC movement with a complete part breakdown. Could be interesting for ordering parts for the franken modders.

Anyone a member of the site that can chime in?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...