When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Does Anyone Here Live In Japan?

Isoroku

i think kanerich lives there.

i'd also like to find a japanese friend i went to university with. couldn't find him when another university friend was getting married :(

i think kanerich lives there.

i'd also like to find a japanese friend i went to university with. couldn't find him when another university friend was getting married :(

I live in Kyoto -- sadly I am not familiar with Tokyo in general, let alone Setagaya-ku in particular, so I can't be of specific assistance in that regard. But there are general rules of thumb.

I guess I'd ask if it's a legit concern that something has happened to him, if so it is possible to for family and friends to contact their embassy and the embassy can work with the Japanese police to track the person down. If he has followed the proper protocol and registered his residence, employment etc. then he should be fairly easy to track down, as Japanese like to keep their eye on foreigners. If he's Japanese and thus the authorities don't really care where he is, or he isn't but has intentionally chosen to disappear, then it's hard to say.

Thanks so much...

My friend is Japanese, so he wouldn't have registered with the embassy....I'm almost to a point of hiring a private detective in Japan to find him......I don't know what is going on with him....I have two cell numbers, and they both still ring... but never answered. So someone's paying the bill....

I dunno. :unsure:

Thanks so much...

My friend is Japanese, so he wouldn't have registered with the embassy....I'm almost to a point of hiring a private detective in Japan to find him......I don't know what is going on with him....I have two cell numbers, and they both still ring... but never answered. So someone's paying the bill....

I dunno. :unsure:

If he's Japanese there are ways to find him that are relatively straightforward but it takes legwork and some background information. I guess it remains unclear to me whether your friend is anything other than simply not bothering to respond. People do tend to lose interest in staying in touch, and it's not like Japan is Colombia or somethng. I know you are aware of this but it's worth mentioning. Good luck finding your friend.

Hey, Iso - is this the friend you and your husband go to visit?

I hope you find him and everything turns out OK.