When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some advice please

USMC8404

Hello everyone,

Long time since my last post. Retired from the military, started a new business, and got married! Been a busy year. Anyway, I hope that the corporate knowledge here will be some help. I have a Steinhart Nav. B Chrono II which has some how gotten water in the case. I have never used this watch for swimming or diving but, yes it has seen some shower time and a few days in the rain.

I would like to know if it is possible to get the water out without sending it back to the factory. This is NOT a rep watch by the way. But I bought it based on recommendation here on this site. I have been very please with this watch up to this point and it was not cheap by Gen or Rep standards.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks...

How much water exactly? A bit of condensation may be cleared by removing the back and leaving it the sun for a while.

Mind you, a trip to the AD would be the safest option for a relitivy expensive watch. Was it sold as water resistant? If so the onus may be on them to fix her up at their expence anyway. They prob won't, but you never know.

Col.

How much water exactly? A bit of condensation may be cleared by removing the back and leaving it the sun for a while.

Mind you, a trip to the AD would be the safest option for a relitivy expensive watch. Was it sold as water resistant? If so the onus may be on them to fix her up at their expence anyway. They prob won't, but you never know.

Col.

I have been in communication with Gunter Steinhart via email. His response was that the watch is a pilots watch and does not belong in the water it belongs in the air. The watch is rated at 5 atm so taking a shower with it should not have hurt it in any way. He agreed to fix it "this time" but said I should not wear it in the shower. I ask him for return shipping instructions and he still hasn't sent them to me after two working days. I hate to ship the watch all of the way back to Germany not knowing how long it will be gone.

I think I will take Trail boss' advise and remove the case back and air dry it in the window.

Thanks to all...