When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Removing links on ladies Datejust

Shogun

Just bought a full gold Datejust for my lady. Amazing watch. Anyway, I need to remove some links because she got quite tiny wrists. I did a search but got more confused. I found a site that describes how to remove links. How to resize

The watch has a round head at one side and look like a screw on the other side. What should I try first? Unscrew the "screw" that could be fake or push on the round head and hope its a springbar? I cant find any arrows on the inside of the bracelet. Since its a full gold watch Im a little scared that I may damage it.

The rep Ladies Datejust I bought for my wife has the same type of link screws as the "bigger" bands - except they are a lot smaller... Here is the screw (about to be removed) on one side of the clasp, there are a couple of others on the other side if flipped over:

post-24124-125666498561_thumb.jpg

The rep Ladies Datejust I bought for my wife has the same type of link screws as the "bigger" bands - except they are a lot smaller... Here is the screw (about to be removed) on one side of the clasp, there are a couple of others on the other side if flipped over:

Ok so they are real screws?

Yes, just the same as in like a Sub band except they are a lot smaller - on a rep anyway and I would imagine the gen would be similar. I had to add a link to the wifes watch and I ordered an aftermarket stainless link that was meant for a gen band and it fit the rep band perfectly.

Yes, just the same as in like a Sub band except they are a lot smaller - on a rep anyway and I would imagine the gen would be similar. I had to add a link to the wifes watch and I ordered an aftermarket stainless link that was meant for a gen band and it fit the rep band perfectly.

Thanks for your help. Removed a couple of links this evening. Was easy to do.